Chapter 39

"Okay, so if we just divide these topics between the three; I'm sure we can finish the project much faster." Sana explains as I kept dozing off; perching my head with my arm. "...Y/N, did you hear me?"

"Huh, oh, yeah...., pfft, for sure." I answer and she looks at me slightly annoyed. And as if her pouting made it better. "Ah..., I'm sorry Sana. I heard the word divide but, I'm not sure what parts you were talking about. And I...didn't get much sleep last night. This past week has been really exhausting."

"It's fine." She shakes her head. "I can do it when I get home."

"No no no no. I can do it, I'll just prepare whatever you need by Monday."

"Are you sure? Because between you falling asleep and Eunji working a late shift; I'm not even certain if this meeting for the group project makes much sense anymore."

"Hey! No fair~ I got scheduled to work. Be reasonable." Eunji responds from across the room while wiping down the other tables.

"Ugh! Whatever, let's just...do this another day when your both free." She ticked; putting her books away.

"Well!" Eunji flamboyantly says tipping her nose and chin in the air. "Someone needs a chocolate cake and her ice green tea latte. You're lucky I already put in that order." She peered slowly walking back around the counter.

But watching Sana as she miserably slumps over the table; I gently rub her back now noticing how stressed she really was.

"Hey, you alright?" I question and she softy mumbles under her arms.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She answers as she turns her head with a smile. But knowing Sana; it wasn't her usual bright smile I was used to.

Turning my head to grab a drink of my coffee; Sana abruptly slams her pen down on the table with a rise of her head. She then looks at me with her usual curious bright eyes and I sat there staring at her wired eyed with the mug to my lips.

"Can I ask you a question Y/N?"

"Uh..., sure, shoot." I rest my cup down as I looked at her.

"...It's about your friend, ...Jimin."

"Oh...OH! Yeah; what is it?" I lean in; fully interested in what she wanted to say but at the same time all I could remember was the conversation that took place between Jungkook and I yesterday after we left the store.

Yesterday

"Say Jungkook." I call out to him as we walked outside the clothing store of the mall. "That night at Namjoon's party; you, Taehyung and Jimin all came there together. I've known Jimin since childhood and also; ...I'm no idiot. Both you and Taehyung do this line of work that requires...well 'a lot'. Jimin..., he's also an escort; isn't he?" I ask and Jungkook turns to face me with a cunning smirk; confirming what already thought.

"You're no idiot indeed. But just to clarify; it isn't my place to tell you if he is or not."

_________

For a while now; I've wanted to ask Sana what actually happened between the both of them. But with everything that's been going on and with what I recently found out about Jimin yesterday; any form of useful detail would be helpful now.

"Well..., you see. Something happened some time ago and I wanted to know if you knew he wa-"

"Hey! Y/N!" I hear my name blare in the café and I could see my brother sprinting towards us.

"Taemin? What are you-

"You left your phone in my bag, again." He interrupts handing my cell in hand. "Seriously, you're lucky I wasn't that far away or else you'd be phoneless today. Your bag is the red one; remember?"