Chapter 8

The Blue Ocean opened their doors to the public at 6pm every evening on Tuesdays to Sundays. Apparently on Mondays, the place was closed for the day but held private functions when needed.

I knew it from the beginning when Eunji told me how upscale it was, but seeing it in person was a whole new outlook for me. Even before the doors were open to the public; there was already a line of customers eagerly waiting to be seated. The night had already started with things shifting in to high gear and this was probably the busiest I've ever seen a restaurant in a long time.

The three private booths that I've been assign to with Eunji came in large groups of five, seven and eight. But thankfully, things were running very smoothly despite us having a full house.

The teamwork here was flawless and everyone seemed on top of their game. It was rather surprising since Eunji spoke of mishaps that have happened in the past; with employee's lacking proper service and leaking information about their customers.

It seems management made a good choice in changing shifts.

And as for the customers that booked the private booths; let's just say if they were celebrities I wouldn't be able to pick out most of them. The only one I saw so far tonight looked vaguely familiar and looks far different in person than on Television. Well..., then again...I wasn't the type to be easily starstrucked.

Eunji and I raced back and forth; from the bar, to the kitchen, to the booths and back to the bar again for the past 4 hours since we began working. I had officially built a special hatred for these 5 inch heels she loaned me; as I felt them chaffing the back of my ankles. My only regret was that they didn't belong to me. Therefore I COULD NOT burn them.

But vengeance shall be mine shoes.

"Excuse me, Waitress! Can we have three more bottles of Petrus red wine and another serving of spicy grilled duck?" A young man from the party of five asks; beckoning to get my attention.

"Yes Sir, right away." I reply with a bow. And I began to remove the empty wine bottles from their table in order make space for the new order to come.

The five men in booth number 4 were all heirs; their ages ranging from 23-28.

It didn't take much time for Eunji and me to return with their orders. This was all because private booths; get an exceptional treatment from the restaurant itself. This very floor alone had its own massive kitchen.

And why; you might ask? That's because money talks.

Their orders are issued far faster than the other two dining categories. However, it seemed highly unfair to me. But who am I to complain about the way they run their business. After all, I was just a waitress.

Following right behind Eunji as she places the platter of grilled duck before them, I also did the same; setting down their order of imported wine's on the table.

It is always wine etiquette for the waiter or waitress to present the wine to the person who ordered it first. But before I could do so; the youngest of the bunch reaches for a bottle and holds it high in the air with his hand.

"Yes! Now we can officially toast! To Yun-Jae, who will now be taking over his family business as the new CEO!" He shouts; shaking the wine in his hand.

"And only because he finally agreed to marry his father's business partner's daughter. I mean, you've seen her how many times now? ...Twice?" Another one joked.

"Alright, alright calm down." The one they called Yun-jae finally spoke. "I had no choice but to do it. The old man was this close to cutting me off!" he gestures with his thumb and index finger.