Chapter 20

Where truth, love and lust collide (Part 4)

I needed to find Eunji. I really wanted some form of advice. Heck, I would be okay if she told me I was being ridiculously crazy.

I mean, come on; why would the concept of Taehyung as a possible companion cross my mind? How absurd is that?!

My own thoughts were now my enemy; and there was no way in hell I trusted any of it.

Walking through the room as I thread through party goers; I go in search of Eunji hoping she would be able to calm me down. However without any luck; there were no signs of her and I began to worry that she might have left because I was gone for so long.

Turning from one side to the other; I desperately prayed that wasn't the case. But as a group of guest cleared my view; I spotted Jimin by the bar, chatting it up with another guest who looked vaguely familiar.

"Jimin..." I call and he looks in my direction. However, the person who stood next to him was no stranger at all. "Min Yoongi?!" my eyes widen at the sight of our college senior

"Hey." Yoongi simply says; greeting me with a smile. And I thought how rare it was to actually see him do this.

"Y/N, where have you been? I was getting worried." Jimin queried as I moved closer to the bar counter.

Crap...what do I even tell him?

"Um,...in the bathroom. I had awful awful...cramps." I reply; knowing this was a lame ass excuse. But there was no way I could tell Jimin what just transpired in that purple room of sin. "I'm really sorry to have worried you. However; do you guys know where Eunji is?"

"Eunji? She just walked off with Hoseok not too long ago."

"Hoseok? As in Jung Hoseok; our teacher?" I question him to clarify if it was the same person and Jimin nods.

"He took her to see a view of the city on the balcony. Would you like me me to take you to her?"

"No. uh... That's okay. I'll wait here until she gets back. I'm just relieved she's still here."

"Mmm, you might wait a while though." Yoongi chimes in and I turn to look at him.

"What do you mean?"

"She and Hoseok seemed to have hit it off really well. Looks like I've been beaten to the punch." Jimin adds and I am now in full incredulity.

"Say what now? S-so you're telling me my friend and...Hoseok...?!"

"Mmhmm." Yoongi nods as Jimin chuckles at my reaction.

"...Ah...I-I need a drink." I stated taking Jimin's beverage from his hands.

"Hey, easy; that one is rather-

"Ack! Ugh!"

"-strong..." He finishes and I'm left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

"What is this?!"

"It's Negroni." Yoongi says handing me a napkin. "If you can't take bitters then this drink isn't for you. Should I order a different cocktail?"

"That's alright." I passed; fanning myself. "...I think I'll go look for Eunji instead."

"Hey, you sure you're alright? You look kind of out of it?" Jimin asks resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just need to speak to Eunji about something."

"And you sure you don't want me to come with you?"