Chapter 7

"So you said yes?" Namjoon asks as we both sat down outside the café after my shift.

"....I said yes..." I expressed in misery and he chuckles.

"You should have just told her no. Were you afraid to do so?"

"Yes...and no? It's just...you should have seen Eunji's face. She was really desperate. And it's not all that bad. If I help over the weekend I'll have enough money to pay for the repairs of my laptop." I smile looking at the brighter side.

Namjoon sat there silent for a moment looking into to space. It was as if he was trying to access the situation and how best he could be of help.

"I can pay for the damages if you're okay with it." He finally says and I immediately oppose.

"I can't let you do that. The Dean already said I'll get payment back in two weeks so I might as well wait. I just have to take care of it on my own until further notice." I say and he smiles with a look of admiration.

"Hmm..., independent and beautiful...; what else should I know about you? I wonder; will be hard for a guy when he wants to take care of you? Are going to tell him he can't?"

"No, he can. It's just...certain things a girl just has to do on her own. Why? Does that disappoint you?" I posed.

 Why? Does that disappoint you?" I posed

"No...it intrigues me." He says leaning back in his seat and crosses his legs. "It only proves I have to work harder."

"Work harder for what exactly?" I ask and he smiles.

Oh...that gorgeous smile.

"Hmm...let's save that conversation on a later date? I'll definitely tell you another time. I promise you that." He states and I shyly look away.

Namjoon made be nervous..., like butterflies in my stomach type of nervous. He certainly had charms that barley any woman would resist. Which actually made me wonder; why was he single? And is it really true that his father is the vice president of Seoul University?

I was curious to know if the rumor was true. But, to be honest I didn't care much about his status. I just wanted to know more about him as a person.

"I'm sorry this isn't the coffee date you were expecting. I told you I would reimburse you for spilling your coffee but, you ended up buying me one instead." I said before taking a sip of the frap he got me.

"You just being here is enough. Besides; it's not like we can't do it again, right?"

"Right." I reply with a smile.

It was almost hard to play it cool around him. His voice and smile alone made my heart beat heavy.

"By the way Y/N, there is something I wanted to ask you."

"Hmm? Sure. Shoot."

"So, there is this pa-.." Namjoon suddenly stops mid-sentence, then reaches into his pocket for his phone that began vibrating. "Hey, I'm sorry. I have to take this." He says and I nod letting him know to go ahead and take the call.