Chapter 27

"Hey! Did you hear? Prof. Namjoon is taking a leave of absence until further notice."

"WHAT?! No wonder my literature classes got cancelled this week. I only joined that class for him!"

"I know, me too. I switched with another student just to get into his class. I hear their trying to get us a substitute as soon as possible. I wonder who it will be."

"Ugh...I don't know... I just really hope Namjoon comes back soon. I didn't even get to wish him a happy birthday..."

Hearing gossip shed throughout the café' as two fellow university students collected their orders; my body tensed as I began wonder what became of Namjoon.

The only piece of information I could hold on to, was his text from this morning.

Wait on me.

Namjoonxx

(Message Deleted)

It has been four days since I last saw him, and for him to even think of sending me such a message; left me unhinged.

Wait on him? Why on earth would he even ask that of me?

Without even so much of an answer; I deleted his message, sticking with my previous intentions. But, truth be told...If I ever gave into just the tiniest bit of concern I felt towards Namjoon; I'd be swimming in a pool emotive memories of him and I once again.

I really wanted it to stop; all those thoughts and inclinations of if I should text him back or not. I needed to put hold on all my emotions. They weren't being helpful at all in this type situation.

Between both Taehyung and Namjoon; my emotional state was unbalanced. I needed to put a halt as to what I was feeling, before I could even consider myself being in a relationship with anyone at this point in time.

Avoiding Taehyung was no easy task as well. Everything that happened between us that night, created a massive giant loop in how I felt towards him. All that pent-up anger and frustration I had; it was so easily fizzled away just by one kiss.

Even so..., avoiding him in person hasn't been so bad. According to his mother; he hasn't been home since Sunday. She went on to explain that Taehyung has an apartment somewhere in Gangnam and that sometimes he spends his nights there.

Of course; my thoughts when on to think of how much truth is there to that statement. There was no way Taehyung would ever tell his family about what he does; and mere fact that his parents seemed quite well off; he could possibly have a place on his own without any suspicions.

...Should I call him? Would that be too out of the blue?

"...Y/N."

Is he okay? I've been avoiding him for quite a while now. I'd hope to think he is...

"Y/N."

He probably thinks I'm stupid. Who kisses someone and then runs away like a little wussy?!

"...Y/N!"

"Huh? Oh, Eunji...! Do you need help with that?!" I snap from my thoughts; now seeing Eunji with a tray of freshly baked pastries.

"...I did. But now I'm more concerned as to where your mind was. ...Are you alright? I...know it's been a couple days since Namjoon's party but, you haven't really said much about what happened." She asks as I took the tray from her; hoping this conversation wouldn't have come up.

Honestly, what should I even say? I was bewildered by my own damn thoughts; not even knowing what route I should take next.

Eunji and I had already talked about this two days before. Namjoon and I were legit no more. There was no way I could possibly get myself involved with a man who was promised to another. He was just...something that couldn't be. However, I had no intention of telling her about what happened between Taehyung and me. This was something I needed to resolve myself.