Chapter 42: New Meets Old

Pov Emma
I woke up pretty early, Today was Libby's first day of school. I was taking her because I had practice when she had to be picked up and I wanted to wish her good luck. I had transferred all her paperwork super easily. I had a meeting with the guidance counselors tomorrow morning to talk about her needs. 
I pulled into carline and jumped out to help her with the crutches. She hated them but only a week until she could put some weight on it. A teacher helped her to the building and I waved and blew her a kiss before driving away.

The day went by fast full of exams. I got to practice and got death stares from Kara but I could care less I had friends and they were very sweet. Practice finished and now it was time they came to our house.
I sent the address to our gc and they all headed to my house. I walked in first followed by Lilly, Mak then Alex.
"Rach" I said dropping my stuff in the closet.
"Kitchen" she said then I head rolling noises coming towards me and it was Libby on her chair.
"Aww" Lilly said from behind me. I walked to her and picked her up. I kissed her cheek,
"How was school" I asked
"Great amazing I like it here" she said wiggling as a sign of put me down.
I sat her back down as Rachel came out of the kitchen holding a towel she had wiped her hands on.
"Hi I'm Elizabeth Grace Rylie, soon to be a Parker or Norten. You can call me Libby" she said to my teammates.
"Oh I know you, you're Mak" Libby said to Mak.
"Yep" Mak said
"Ok so what's your names?" she asked
"I'm Alex" Alex said shaking Libby's hand
"And I'm Lilly" Lilly said
"Nice to meet you both, this is Mama, or Rachel to you" she said pointing at Rachel who waved and smiled.
"Ok Alex can you help me upstairs with the bed. Mak Libby duty. Lilly if you could organize the pantry" I said. They all nodded, we had talked about what they could help with earlier. I turned back to Rachel and kissed her, "You are on food duty" I said smacking her ass before walking up the stairs followed by Alex.

Pov Rachel

I walked into the kitchen where Lilly was sorting stuff.
"Could i put these lower because they seem like snacks for Libby to grab and she can't up here" she asked turning towards me
"Actually that is really smart yeah" I said stirring the buffalo chick dip I was making.
"That smells amazing" she said with a smile
"It my go to when we have a lot of guests" I said with a smile.
"I'm excited" she said turning back the the pantry.
The door bells rang and Emma from upstairs called, "Baby can you get that?"
"Yeah" I said opening it.
"Rose" I said hugging the girl walking in
"Baby who is it?" Emma called from upstairs
"Rose" I said
"Hi Rose" she yelled back.
"Come in, Jm making some food and everything's a mess" I said
She laughed and followed me into the kitchen.
"Lilly this Rose. We play soccer together"
"Hi" Lilly said waving.
They talked while emptying the pantry. Rose was the same age as Emma and doing college while playing soccer.
"Baby the dip is ready if you guys are hungry" I called up the stairs.
"Coming" Libby screamed. Mak came down carrying her and put her on the chair. Emma and Alex came down after laughing. Emma's laugh lit up a room, it made a room feel warm and happy. I wrapped my arms around Emma and walked with them into our small kitchen. Rose turned around from talking to lilly and saw Alex. Her breathe hitched in her throat. and she looked starstruck.
"Alex this is Rose, she plays soccer with Rachel" Emma said sipping a cracker into the dip.
"Mama can you make me a plate" Libby asked holding up a plate. I put some dip on the plate and handed it back to her thanked me then scooted out of the kitchen to the counter.
"Hi it's nice to meet you" Alex said shaking Rose's hand.
"You as well" Rose said.
"Hey hey" I heard from the front door. It was Kylie, probably with Hannah.
"Kitchen" Emma said.
"Hey everyone this is Kylie and Hannah they moved here from Michigan" I said
"Hey" Everyone said.
"Alright eat and then we have a lot to build, couches, shelves and plenty more" I said. Everyone nodded getting a plate of food. I hugged Kylie as she came in followed by Hannah.

Pov Emma

I caught Hannah's eye and she smiled weakly at me. I grabbed her hand and walked into the bathroom.
"Are you okay?" I asked
"Just tired" she said
"I'm not buying that" I said
She shook her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. I hugged her, "Hannah what's wrong" I said
"I don't know, I just feel numb and I don't know how to fix it" she said
"Have you talked to Kylie?" I asked
"No, we are supposed to get married in december, I'm supposed to be over the moon. I'm not not over the moon but I feel weird" she said.
I looked at her, "Do you not want to get married?" I asked.
"I do but I feel like she's settling, she deserves so much, that I just can't give her" Hannah said
"Like what?" I asked
"Children, god she wants a kid so bad, but I I I don't know if I can have them" Hannah said.
"I don't know if I can't either but there is always a way" I said
"I should be able to do that for her, for us but I can't"
"You don't know that you can't" I said.
"I know but I don't want to get her hope up I don't want her to be crushed one day" she said
"Hannah, Kylie loves you. I've never seen someone love more than Kylie. Hannah you are in your head, get out of it. She loves you for you, she loves you" I said. Hannah nodded and took a deep breathe.
"Ok I'm ready" Hannah said and we left the bathroom. Everyone sitting on the floor eating. Hannah and I got food then joined everyone on the ground.