Chapter 11: My People

Pov Emma:

I don't know which one is the long blue pillow. I was looking in Kylie and Hannah's apartment to find a long blue pillow but there are like 5 but all different. Whatever, I pulled out my phone and hit Rachel's name. It rang a few times before she answered:

"Hey Pinky everything okay"
"Yeah, so I have everything from Hannah's list but a long blue pillow, there are like 5 of them" I heard a slight chuckle on the other end.
"Do i just grab one?" again another laugh.
"Rachel what? I'm confused"
"Pinky it's fine, Hannah probably just forgot you met them yesterday" Huh what does that even mean?
"Huh"
"the pillow is a joke in the friend group and she obviously likes you if she is bringing you in on it"
"Ok so which one is it? And I'm happy she likes me, I really like her too. She is very nice." I really did like Hannah, she seemed like she understood me. She told me about how her family wasn't really happy about the idea of her and Kylie but didn't ever really say it out loud, or at least they didn't have too. She understood what I was going through.
"I'm happy you get along, maybe we could go on a double date of something"
"Yeah that would be fun, so which one do I get?"
"Ok so find the middle sized blue pillow, it should have a green tag on one of the corners"
"Ok yeah got it" I said picking it up "what is so funny about this?"
"Uh so basically when Hannah and Kylie finally moved in together, Hannah and Kylie's parents came up to see the apartment and Kylie's parents bought a bunch of house warming gifts for them, like a coffee machine, food whatever right. Hannah's brought a gift card to bed bath and beyond for $25. They bought the pillow with that $25." Damn her parents really were something. I laughed at the story, it definitely seems like something my mom would do.
"That is something, okay I'm on my way back"
"Alright see you here"

I wanted to say it so bad. But, it needed to be special so we hung up. I threw the stuff into my back seat and drove over to my apartment. I got out and walked up to my apartment where I showered and changed my clothes. When I got out of the shower I saw I had a few texts, I opened my phone:

My Loves
408-657-8899 added you to a group chat.

Hmm that's weird, I opened the information on the group chat. Rachel was the only one I knew in it. I read the texts:

My loves

408-657-8899
hey so on your way back can someone pick up Chick-fil-a? I think Hannah is hungry but won't say anything.

408-767-8111
I can in like 10mins

Rachel
I am getting some stuff from my professors but I could too if it's out of your way Jensen

Ohhh now I understood, It was probably Jensen, Hannah and Kylie. I didn't know who was who but I knew what was going on. Omg they added me to their group chat.

Me
I am on my way back now, I can stop if everyone could send me their orders.

408-767-8111
Emma, you are amazing
Rachel how did you score this one

They all then sent me their orders and I was headed to Chick-fil-la and Panera because Kylie wanted their chicken noddle soup. Which is understandable not wanting chick-fil-a right after a surgery. After about 20 mins of waiting I had everyone's food and drove to the hospital. I walked down to the rooms with bag of stuff from Hannah and Rachel's lists. I knocked on the door, just to make sure I could come in. I heard a quiet "come in". I walked in and the lights were all out, Hannah was laying right beside Kylie in bed.
"Hey" I said quietly not trying to wake Hannah
"Hey" she said back through gritted teeth.
"You okay?" I knew she wasn't, I'm good at telling when someone is in pain.
"Uh just tense" she replied.
"Is there anything I can do" she giggled a little,
"I'll be okay in a few seconds". I nodded and went to start sorting what I had brought back. From behind me I heard,
"Hey Emma"
"Yeah" I answered without turning around, I continued to pull stuff out of bags.
"I like you the most", what in the world. I turned to face kylie who was looking over at me.
"What does that even mean" I asked confused.
"Out of every girlfriend I've seen Rachel with, none of them care as much as you do. None of them loved as hard as you do, you know what I mean". I smiled, at what she had just said to me. I was scared at first to what she meant.
"I like caring about other people, and Rachel seemed like she needed a little extra love these last days" I said turning back towards the stuff.
"Still you don't even know me or Hannah, and yet somehow you managed to put a big smile on Hannah's face by just eating breakfast with her. You brought us all food, and even stopped at another place because I didn't like what everyone else was getting. You slept in a arm chair for fucks sake, all of that while you are struggling your own battle", She paused for a second, "listen all that I'm saying is that I am so happy that Rachel found someone like you".