Chapter 36: This Summer

Pov Emma

Alex and Rachel had soccer all day today, and a scrimmage tonight. I was picking Libby up at the airport in an hour. Well actually I was already there because I didn't want to be late.

Carla
Hey, she should be there in about 30mins

Me
Perfect, I'm here and ready

Carla
Thank you again sweaty

I put my phone down and turned up the music in my car.

30 mins later I walked into the airport to the gate where I saw a flight attendant walking out with Libby. I squatted to her level and held out my arms. She ran to me and hugged me. I showed the flight attendant my ID so I could take Libby home.

I got her bags,
"So what do you want to do today?" I asked
"Anything" she said clapping.
I got her stuff into the car, I drove Rachel's car because it was bigger.
"Hey so I go from my girlfriend's apartment to mine so we will bounce back and fourth" I said starting the car.
"Ooo I'm excited to meet her" Libby said.
"Hey can you go into my phone and text your mom that I got you?" I asked, she nodded and started texting.
"Ok sent, also you got a text from a Hannah."
"Could you read it to me?"
"Hey Em, do y'all want to get food with us after the game tonight?" she read it out loud, she looked at me from the back seat. I looked at her from the rearview mirror.
"Do you want to?" I asked
"Will they like me?" she asked
"Hannah will adore you, heck anyone will" I said turning the corner towards the school.
"Ok then yeah sounds fun" she said
"Ok text her that we are in" I said turning onto rachel's apartment street.

We got her bags and walked up stairs to Rachel's apartment. We had taken down a few things to make it appropriate for a child. She looked around and then Pancake came running out of my bedroom to Libby.
"Awww he is so cute, is this Pancake?"
"Yes ma'am" I said bringing her bag to the spare bedroom.
"Hey Lib put on some pants and a shirt for the game, I have a school hoodie for you" I said
"Thank you" she said going to get changed.

I fed Pancake and got myself dressed warmer. We jumped back into the car and drove to the field.
"So what is this game exactly?"
"So each summer the soccer team has girls in highschool come to their sleep away camp and practice with the team, tonight is a scrimmage" I said as we pulled into the parking lot.
We got out of the car and went to the bleachers. Hannah was sitting with Reid, she was waving at us. We walked up to them,
"Hannah, Reid this Libby, Libby this is Hannah and Reid" I said
"Hi" Libby said with a smile
"Hey" Hannah and Reid said.
I sat down beside them and Libby sat beside me. I held around her shoulders to keep her warm. Hannah asked her some questions while we waited for the game to start.

The girl's came on the field and we cheered, Libby couldn't see so she sat on my knee.
"Who are we cheering for?" she asked
"Number 16 is Rachel my girlfriend" Libby nodded
"Number 11 is my girlfriend" Hannah said,
"Number 1 is my girlfriend" Reid said.
Libby smiled, "Got it", her family was a football family so really didn't know what was happening she laid her head back on my shoulder during the game. I kissed her cheek,
"mwah" I said and she laughed. Kylie scored the last goal and we stood up cheering. I had Libby in my arms, her arm wrapped around my neck and the other in the air cheering. We ran onto the side of the field and I was still holding Libby. Hannah hugged Kylie and Reid hugged Jensen.
I saw Rachel running off the field, Maggie and Alex hugged on the field. Man they were cute but Alex still hadn't told her yet.
Rachel ran to me and kissed me. She gave Libby a high-five and said hello. I hugged Alex as she ran over to our group followed by Maggie.
"Nice game girls" I said
"Thanks" Maggie said
"I've never felt more alive then playing under those lights" Alex said, she had yet to stop smiling.
"Are you girls joining us for dinner" Hannah asked
They looked at her each other before Maggie said "I think we will just order pizza to the dorm or something"
Alex looked at her and nodded, I held in my laugh. They both obviously liked each other.