Chapter 10: Breakfast

Pov Emma

We were walking down the hallway just talking about school and life. Hannah is the nicest person I've ever met in my life.
"So your a freshman?"
"Yeah"
"I remember my freshman year, that's when I met Rachel"
"You met because of Kylie?"
"Yeah"
"That's cool" We has just walked into the cafeteria, we walked into line just talking about whatever. I got a blue berry muffin and a coffee, Hannah got a croissant and coffee as well. We sat down and started to talk again. I felt open around Hannah, like she understood me in some way.

Pov Rachel

I flushed the toilet and walked out, no one was there. I looked down at my phone and sent a text to Emma

Me
Hey where did you go?

Emma😘❤️
Hannah and I went to grab food do you want anything?

Me
Yes please a coffee and fruit

Emma😘❤️
You got it💕

Dang she was so cute. I sat back down in my arm chair, when I heard Kylie whisper,
"Rach?"
"Yeah Ky, you okay?"
"No my thigh, it feels like I'm constantly flexing it but it won't stop", I looked over at her, her arm was clenched to the side of the bed, she was facing straight up with her eyes closed. I could tell it hurt, so I got up and stuck my head out the door,
"Hey could we have a doctor please?"
Doctors came in, "What seems to be wrong?"
"Her right?" I said looking at Kylie who nodded
"Her right thigh, she said it feels like she is constantly flexing the muscle" The doctor walked around to the other side of the bed where he opened the blanket to show her thigh, he touched her thigh and made a weird face, Kylie grabbed the sheet of her bed tighter. I walked to her hand grabbing it in mine, her eyes still squeezed shut.
"So we can run some tests, we really won't know what it is till we do" The doctor said scribbling on a board.
"Can you do anything to stop the pain right now" I asked.
"I mean not really just because we don't know what's causing it, it could be a muscle spasm due to how athletic you are and what you were doing before you came in, it could be just because the anesthesia cause a muscle spasm, it could be DVT, or Meralgia Paresthetic. We really can't totally know till we rule out more serious issues", He walked out of the room and Emma and Hannah walked back in the room. Hannah still watching over her shoulder as a doctor walked out asked "Is everything okay", I looked over at Emma who could tell something was wrong because I was standing by Kylie holding her hand. Kylie's face was red and her eyes closed tight looking up, her right thigh was over the covers, with her gown pulled right above her hip bone.
"mmmmm" Kylie made a loud noise as she struggled to keep the pain to herself. Hannah ran over to her, "baby it hurts doesn't it", there was no answer for Kylie but her grip on the bed and my hand intensified. Emma walked up behind me and rubbed my back, she could tell I was stressed beyond words.
"Ky when I was rubbing your leg did that make it better or hurt less" Hannah asked looking down at Kylie's thigh which had a light discoloration. Kylie nodded letting her breathe go. Hannah moves her hands to Kylie's thigh, she jumped at the touch, but I could tell she started to relax a little bit.

Pov Hannah

That's weird why did a doctor walk out,
"Hey is everything okay" I asked as I watched doctors scurry out of the room. No answer until so head Kylie moan out, but like not the good kind. Her face was red and her eyes closed shut, her hand was in Rach's, who was looking at Emma. What was going on? I ran over to the side where Kylie's leg was outside the blanket. Her thigh had a light discoloration, it hadn't been like that an hour ago. "Baby it hurts doesn't it", she didn't have to answer, I know Kylie well. She had a high pain tolerance, I had only seen her like this once, when she tore her ACL 2 years ago. Her chest tenses, it was like she was holding her breathe. "Ky when I was rubbing it did it feel better, or hurt a little less", I felt hopeless I didn't want to be, I wanted to help her. I hated this. Kylie nodded so I looked back down at her thigh, which was tensed. You could see each line of her muscles, the one muscle in her inner thigh was spazzing. I couldn't imagine how much it hurt. I began massaging her thigh with my palms and my thumbs. Her leg started to relax and she let her breathe out. Her eyes were still shut and her hands still gripped tightly. Her heart rate lowered back to normal, and I felt a little bit better that she wasn't in pain, but I felt sick because we didn't know what was wrong.