Chapter 16: On the Road

Pov Rachel:

"Stop making me laugh, I'm going to swerve or something" I said trying to regain my composure.
"It's just too easy" Emma said laughing at herself.
"Really fine tell me something else" I said making a straight face and looking back at the road.
"Ok hmm, when I was younger" she then went into a whole story about a movie she made when she was younger. I couldn't hold a straight face anymore. She was acting out all the scenes and making funny faces. I cracked and died laughing with her.
"Promise me when we stop or get to my house you show me that video"
"Uh why I just acted out the complete movie"
"Cause I need to see if this is true or you were trying to make me laugh." I said laughing at her funny faces.
"Fine I'll show you maybe I'm not sure yet. But it would have to be on a big screen cause it's too good for a small one"
"Oh for sure" I said trying to not laugh.
She put the seat belt from on her shoulder to under her arm and leaned over and kissed my cheek.
"What was that for" I asked slightly looking at her. She was staring at me, "for laughing and pretending I'm funny" she said biting her lower lip and smirking.

"Baby you are funny" I said resting my elbow on the console with my hand open for her to put her chin on. I pulled her face to mine quickly looking away and kissing her. Her cute nose scrunched and she pulled away after the kiss.

She leaned against the door with her head in her hand. She was crisscross in the seat. I'm really not sure how seeing as she was pretty tall.

I moved my hand to her upper knee lower thigh area, "Baby you okay" I asked still looking at the road.
No answer, what in the world? I rubbed her leg, "Pinky you okay" she turned her head towards me slowly "yeah fine" she said slightly smiling.
"Baby what's wrong" I asked her gently squeezing her leg.
She shrugged, and shook her head, what wasn't she telling me. It was silent, it broke me how she could go from laughing about everything to all of a sudden have a wall up. I moved my hand up and down her thigh, I just wanted to hold her. I looked down and the time we had been driving for about 5 hours. It would be time for dinner anytime so I could hold her.
"Baby could you call Kylie"
"Yeah" she said opening her phone and connecting it to speaker so I could hear too.
Kylie picked up, "Hey are you guys like stalking us" she said laughing.
"Maybe" I joked
"Hannah you okay" I asked
"Yep kinda hungry though, when do y'all want to stop and where" Hannah answered.
"Pinky what are you in the mood for?" I asked turning towards her.
"Doesn't matter to me, I'm not Picky" she answered.
"Ky what do you want" I asked
"Um nothing fried that just doesn't sound good to me"
Emma looked out the window, "There is a Panera in 15miles if y'all want to stop there?" she suggested.
"Actually that sounds so good to me" Hannah said.
"Alright we will stop there and stretch and eat"
"Sounds good" Kylie said before hanging up.
Emma went back to being in her mood. I just left my hand in her lap. About 5 mins later she sat up and I looked over at her. She was looking out the front window. She looked down and started playing with the rings and moving them around. Her chest was rising and falling a little faster than normal. We were only 2 mins away from panera. I planned on asked her and holding her then. We pulled into the parking lot and I park. I unstrapped without taking my hand back and turned to her.
"Baby please let me in what's wrong"
No answer her hands started to shake, and grabbed them into mine.
"Baby your okay, your okay" I think she was having a panic attack but I wasn't completely sure.
"Breathe in breathe out" I just held her hands I couldn't completely hold her we were in the car.
She closed her eyes and looked up at the ceiling of the car. I raised her hands to mine, fuck she scared me. I combed her hair behind her ears, her eyes still closed as a tear rolled down her cheek. I felt my phone buzz I quickly looked at it,

Kylie
You guys coming

Me
Go in we will be there in a few.