Chapter 17: Last Day of Driving + Some Good Ole Drama

Pov Emma:

"If peter picked of picked peppers, wheres the pack of pickled peppers peter piper picked" Rachel said slowly with a smile on her face.
"You tried that's all that counts" I said patting her knee. I had been driving today to give Rachel a break.
"You're telling me you can do better" Rachel said looking shocked. What Rachel didn't know was I was in a debate group and for warmups we did tongue twisters. I kept my eyes on the road and nodded.
"Let's see it Pinky" Rachel looking excited, I smiled at her excitement
"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?" I said in all one motion.
"Baby you're joking, that was absolutely insane" She said with her mouth dropped open.
"Also do you just have the full version memorized?" She asked looking confused.
I nodded cause I had done it so many time.

We only had about an hour until we got to Hannah's parents house. Really it was out of our way but we wanted to make sure that they got there safely and that if they needed any help we were right there.

The radio was on and Rachel and I were singing our hearts out. We were holding hands that laid on the console and it just all felt right. The music turned off, Incoming call from Hannah

Hmm that's strange, I hit answer,
"Hey Hannah" I said confused of why she was calling, nothing seemed to be wrong, I was looking at their car.
"Hey so Kylie's asleep so that's why I'm whispering but Emma I'm terrified" Rachel made a weird look at me and I shrugged with and "Idk" face.
"What's up" I asked confused
"My mother, is what's up she has already sending me the itinerary for these two weeks, and I might not make it through the next 2 weeks" she said. I could tell she was upset but trying not to show it.
"What did she plan?" I asked
"Monday- go to church and pray sins away, Tuesday-pray with everyone early morning, wednesday- thanksgiving with the family" she said with a sigh.
"Why is she so damn passive aggressive? 4 years of me and Kylie and I thought she'd get over it" I could tell she was about to cry.
"Hannah pull over" I said over the phone.
"What?" she said with a sniff
"Pull over into that 7-eleven"
"uh ok" she said pulling over off the road.
I hung up and followed her.
"Baby what are you doing?" Rachel asked still confused
"Hugging her" I said parking the car.

I got out of the car and walked to Hannah's door and opened it.
"Emma what"
"come here" I said, watching her unstrap and get out.
I had like 8 inches on her, I wrapped my arm around her back.
"You are going to be okay, and your an adult now so you decide what you want to do. And I'll tell you what Kylie told me, you always have a family with us" Hannah was crying I could tell. Having an unsupportive family sucked, but in the last weeks I finally felt like I had someone beside me in my corner. I looked into the car and Kylie had woken up, she mouthed "what is happening"
"it's okay" I mouthed nodding.
Hannah stopped crying and pulled out of the hug.
"Thank you so much" she said wiping her tears.
"Y'all should stay for breakfast because I don't want to deal with them all alone yet"
"Ok" I said nodding.

We all got back in our cars and started driving again.

Pov Kylie

"Baby are you okay" I said rubbing Hannah's leg, Hannah made a small try at a smile and a nod.
"Come on what did they say" I asked talking about her parents. She handed me her phone. It was a text stream with her mom.

Mama
Hey Hannah Banana your dad and I just wanted to know your timing.

Me
We are about an hour out

Mama
Alrighty we are so excited to see you and your roommate Kylie

Me
Mama Kylie is my girlfriend and yes we are looking forward to seeing you too.