Chapter 30: Back at home

Pov Emma

We had been home for about a week and soccer practices have begun for Rachel, Kylie and Jensen. They lasted all afternoon, so between that and classes I hadn't seen Rachel in 3 days. We texted but not enough, I felt just gross.
I woke up and rolled over in bed, I was sweating and I felt like a thousand bricks landed on my head.
"You okay" I heard from beside me. Madison was laying in bed sorta sitting up looking at me.
"I don't feel good, at all" I sat putting my hand to my forehead, "I think I have fever" I said.
"Oh Emma, I swear did you catch the stomach virus that's going around" she said.
"I mean maybe I don't know, I have to text some people and ask for their notes cause I can't even get myself to get up.
Madison nodded and laid back down.

Me
Hey Rylee, it's Emma from your Key Stones of Childhood class, I think i caught a stomach bug, could you send me your notes after classs

Rylee
Yeah of course, if you are still in the same dorm if we have any hw or something I'll bring it to you

Me
Thank you so much!!

Rylee
Yeah no problem😘

Before I could close my phone to fall back asleep I got another text,

Rachel
Morning my love, have fun in the class today. Tell me all about it tonight. Love you lots

I smiled at her texts,

Me
thanks baby, not going to class today I just don't feel great.

I knew she wouldn't answer because she probably sent it right as practice was starting. I slowly fell back asleep trying to forget about my cramping stomach or how light headed and dizzy I was.

Pov Rachel

I walked back to the locker room with Kylie. Kylie has started practice but taking it slow till she gets completely cleared next week. I picked up my phone and I felt sad as soon as I read her text.
"You okay" Kylie said pulling off her shoes followed by shin pads.
"Emma's sick, uh and I just want to hold her. I haven't seen her in days" Honestly I was missing her more than anything and now my baby was sick and no one was there to hold her. Madison was a germaphobe so she probably isn't going anywhere near Emma.
Kylie looked at her watch, "Well you have like 2 hours before your first class why don't you go" she asked packing her stuff away.
"You're right, I'm going" I said pulling out my keys and running to my car.

I pulled up into the parking lot and jumped out. I ran up the stairs and unlocked the dorm room door. Madison wasn't in the room but Emma was curled in a ball under her covers. I walked beside her bed, her cheeks were a roses red, her forehead was lined with sweat, I could feel her shoulders shaking under the covers. I kissed her cheek right beside her ear, her eyes fluttered "mmmm" she moaned. Her eyes opened and before she could register what was happening she jumped out of bed and ran to the toilet. She held her own hair and threw up, I ran to her holding her hair back and rubbing her back. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her legs began to wobble. I sat her down on the ground with her head by the toilet, I brushed her hair behind her ears, she leaned her head into my hand.
"I'm sorry honey" I said but before I could finish she leaned over the toilet and threw up again. She threw up for about 5 mins till she had absolutely nothing left to vomit. Her entire body was shaking, and she just looked at the side of the toilet, her stomach gurgled around, slowly she laid herself on me. I held her head to my chest, her head was extremely warm but her body trembled with cold and weakness.
"Come on baby" I said lifted her up and carrying her to her bed. I pulled out a trash can from under her bed and put it on her bedside table. I had class in 30mins so I had to leave but I didn't want to, I wanted to hold her in my arms like she did when I didn't feel good.
I kissed her forehead, "text me if you need anything, I'll be back and I'll bring dinner in case you feel better" I said kissing her hand. She nodded before curling back into a ball holding her stomach. I left the room locking the door behind me.