Chapter 37: New Begining

*time skip to August*

Pov Emma

"Hey baby I'm going down to the school today can you make it" I asked standing in front of the mirror putting on makeup.
"Um what time" she asked from the shower
"Around 3:30" I said closing my makeup and cleaning the counter
"Yeah I should be able to"
"Ok perfect, love you" I said opened the shower and kissing her.
"Libby honey you almost ready" I called down the hallway. She was going to Hannah and Kylie's today because I had class and so did Rachel.
"Coming" she said walking out in a button up and nice dress pants Rachel had bought her last week.
"Wow don't you look very nice" I said buttoning the last few she couldn't do
"Thank you, I need the teachers to like me" she said leaning against the counter.
"They will sweet heart" I said holding her face in my hand then kissing her cheek
"We have to get going."

Heather had always homeschooled her kids so Libby has never gone to public school but I think she will be fine.

She strapped herself into my car and drove down to Hannah and Kylie's apartment. Hannah opened the door, "Hey sweetie" she said letting Libby in
"Thank you so much" I said
"Of course it's not problem. Anyways the house gets boring these days. So pickup around 3:00ish?"
"Yeah maybe a little earlier I'm not sure yet I'll text you when I'm on my way"
She nodded and I left to get to class.

*time skip to end of day*

I rushed out of my last class it had gone a little long. Luckily I was dressed like a mom and not like the 19 year old I was. I had a nice flowey top on with tight blue jeans and white shoes. I had a small necklace on and the promise ring Rachel got for me and Libby.
I picked up Libby from Hannah's and ran down the stairs with her.
"Libby Bear you excited?" I said
"Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah go ahead"
"Can I just tell everyone that you are my mommy and Rach is Mama or something" She asked. I was confused she had never ask to call us that.
"You know you can call Rach and I whatever you are comfortable with. Is there any reason you want to all of a sudden?" I asked peaking at her in the rear view mirror.
"Um I mean I wanted to tell you so you wouldn't be surprised if I called you that. When I call you Emma to new people they are confused as to who you are. Not calling anyone Mom just reminds me that I don't have one" she said in her little smart voice.
I reached my hand back from my seat to hers. I squeezed her hand and said "Well honey you call us whatever you want"
She nodded kissing my hand, "You can have it back now" she giggled
I took my hand back and we parked at the school. I took her hand in mine as we walked in the front door.
"Hi Welcome to PineCrest Elementary" a lady at the front said.
I shook her hand, "Hi I have a meeting with the administration for my daughter" I said squaring Libby's body to mine.
"Name please"
"Emma Norten, and my girlfriend will be here in a second, Rachel Parker" I said.
"Great do you have ID" she asked
I showed her my license right as Rachel walked in. My gasp caught in my throat she was gorgeous god damn.
She kissed my cheek, "Sorry I'm late" she said giving Libby a fist bump.
"Alright you guys are good to go, just go ahead and sit in that room down there" she said pointing to the front office.
We walked in and sat down. Libby sat between us and we talked.
"Oh Rach, I have to tell you that I'm going to call you Mama and Emma Mommy" Libby said looking at Rachel who looked up at me and I shrugged
"Ok" Rach said nodding.
"Emma Norten, Rachel Parker, Elizabeth Rylie" a lady called. Normally I guess they would call Parker family but none of us share a last name.
We got up and Libby took both our hands and walked towards the office.
"Hi I'm Lisa Micheal the principal here"
"John Rider, I'm the guidance counselor"
"Emma Norten, my girlfriend Rachel Parker and our daughter Elizabeth"
"So we are actually going to ask miss Elizabeth to go with Mr. Rider so I can talk to you two" she said.
I nodded and kissed Libby's cheek. and she walked out the door followed by Mr. Rider. Rachel Moved to the chair beside me and put her hand on my lower back.
"Ok so what is the fmaily situation seeing at you are 19 and enrolling a 2nd grader?"
Rachel's and I looked at each other
"So Rachel and I have been together for almost a year, last month I was watching Libby for a friend and her parents died in a crash. I was left as the legal guardian. She wasn't very close to her parents so she really didn't know how to feel."
"I am so sorry for your loss, so technically Elizabeth should be in 1st grade by her age"
"We totally know however I think she's too smart for it. My best friend is in Early Education, I have a minor in it and she is above what you learn in first grade"
"This may be true but her level of personality and self help skills may still be in 1st"
"See that's what I thought, but she is so amazing at voicing how she feels, she never gets frustrated with us. Like today in the car she voiced how sad she was that she didn't have anyone to call mommy so she asked if she could call me that. She has a maturity of beyond her age" I said
The principal took some notes nodding. Rachel held my hand smiling at the way I was talking about Libby.
"Mr. Rider please do a placement test on Elizabeth Riley" she said into a walkie-talkie
"Ok so just a few more things and then she is registered for school" she said.