Chapter 58

Above: Rocky and the gang posing with Chadwick Boseman 🙏🏽

Enjoy! 😘

Harlem, New York

Ever since Drake dropped that he wants us to have kids, we haven't really spoken to each other much. He's currently on tour so he's been busy with that and I've been doing my own ventures. He said think about it and that's what I've been doing, but the thought of having kids in this stage of my career I'm uncertain about. I know he didn't say anything about having them right now, but it's still a lot to consider. If I'm being honest with myself I would I love to have kids, but when I'm ready and when I know we will have time for them.

However, the conversation we had has me thinking about telling the Mob what's really going on. I've kept this a secret for a while now and only Ant has truly suspected something, but the rest of the guys shut that shit down. They probably think that I would never turn out to be gay and that's fine, but at the same time I hope they will actually support me like they said they would back at Yams' funeral.

I'm currently at my crib working on some ideas I got for an album. It's been months since Drake and I had that conversation and I think I am ready to tell the Mob, but I do want to run it by Ferg first before I announce it to the whole group. I called him over to my place earlier so we could talk. He's still doing some promotion for his album that he just recently dropped called Always Strive and Prosper so he told me it was going to be around this time before he came over, which was fine by me. 

As I'm still tending to my own project, I hear a knock on my door. Knowing that's him, I get up from the couch and open the door only to see to my surprise, Drake.

"Hey, baby," he says with a smile on his face as he leans in to kiss me.

"Oh, hey, babe." I'm not mad at all that he's here. I just didn't expect him to pop up on me like this even though this isn't the first time.

"You alright? You sound disappointed."

I get over the shock before I respond. "Yeah, I'm good. I'm just surprised you're here. Come in." I back up to let him come completely into the place. He kicks the door closed with his foot as he pulls from behind his back a bouquet of roses. Damn, now I'm really wondering what the hell is going on with him. 

"I got these for you," he says. 

"Thank you," I respond taking them out of his hand to go put them in some water. "So what brings you to my place?" I ask him as I take my seat next to him back on the couch. 

"Well you know I'm on tour right now, but I'm in town for a few nights so I figured I come by and see you. And I wanted to invite you out to my last show before I leave."

"Okay when?"

"This Monday."

I think about if I have anything going on that day, which I don't before giving him an answer. "Alright, I'll be there. You sure no one's gonna suspect anything?"

He chuckles, "Hell nah. If anything you're just another one of my friends."

As we're still talking I hear a knock on the door letting me know for sure this time that's Ferg.

"You expecting somebody?" Drake asks me.

"Yep, no one to be jealous of though, babe," I answer giving him a kiss on the cheek before I get up to answer the door. There stands Ferg like I expected as we both greet each other.

"Wassup, Rocky?" he says to me and I do the same as we give each other a bro hug.

"Nothin', man. Come in." I let him in the crib and I know by the look on his face that he's surprised to see Drake here.