Chapter 46

Above: ASAP Rocky and his fabulous headscarf from last year

Enjoy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉

I leave for Australia in a few days, but before I head out, I had to set up this meeting with Amber and Dad. Almost two weeks after I last saw Amber I finally found a date perfect for all three of us to meet up, which is actually today. As of now I'm getting dressed and about ready to head out to meet dad at this place called Dig Inn. I'm really praying that this meeting goes well, but based on Amber's reaction to when I first told her about of this and how bad dad wants to meet his daughter after almost ten years, I think it should go fine. 

Grabbing my keys and phone off the counter top, I check my phone to see no missed calls or messages from anyone. I haven't gotten anymore bullshit crazy ass calls from that dude or anyone else lately and I'm glad. But growing up in the streets, I know not to think everything is all peachy. I still got my guard up and I'm on high alert at all times. 

I head out of my place and start making my way to elevator to get to the parking garage. I'm not really nervous about this meeting, but I simply don't want anything to go wrong. 

~~~

I'm outside in front the complex to pick up Amber. I call her to tell her I'm outside and it doesn't take her long before she comes outside and hops in the car. 

"Hey, Amber," I say hugging her before I drive off. 

"Hey, Rocky, how are you?"

"I'm cool. You?"

"I'm good, but I'm kinda nervous about meeting up with Dad." I did expect Amber to be a bit worried about today, but I hope once her and dad come face to face and talk those nerves will go away.

I tell her, "I know you're scared because it's been a while since you've seen Dad and vice versa. I'll admit myself I was a little nervous too. I didn't meet him the way you are about to though. I promise you Amber everything is going to be alright and Dad is more than excited to see you."

I see her nod her head, taking my word for it. "Cool, thanks Rocky."

"No problem, sis."

After about ten minutes, we arrive at the restaurant. We get out to car, find a seat at a table and wait on Dad to show up.

Our waiter comes to our table, hands us our menus, and asks us what we want to drink. We both order a strawberry lemonade before he leaves us alone again.

"Is Dad on his way?" Amber asks me.

"Yeah he should be. I'll call him right quick."

"There's no need for that, son," I hear Dad say as he walks up to our table.

"Hey, Dad," I stand greeting him to give a him a quick hug.

"Hey, son. How are you?"

"I'm alright," I respond. "You?"

"I'm good," he says coughing. Of course he doesn't sound good, but that's Dad. He looks over at Amber and her eyes are wide like joints. "Now who is this young lady?" It takes Amber a moment before she snaps out of it and a small smile shows on her face.

She gets up out of her seat to hug him. "Hi, Dad."

"Hi, Amber." It's great to see a moment like this between the two, especially after so many years. I just hope this same vibe continues throughout the time we're here.

They pull away from the hug and sit down. "So Amber, how've you been?"

"I've been alright," she answers." These last few years I've been good. I graduated high school and now I'm about to go off to college."