Chapter 38

No media content. Just sit back and enjoy the chapter.

"What?" he says. "You're..." He looks around even though there are hardly any people on the beach before leaning in closer to me. "Gay?"

There's no point in me stalling any longer so I go ahead and tell him yes.

"Well... How long have you known?"

"It's been about a year."

"Alright. How did you know you were gay? Really how did it all start?"

"Dad, are you sure you want to know? Because this may trigger you and it's a long story."

"Rakim, I'm a grown man. I'm sure I can handle it. Now go on."

I go on and straight up tell him what happened after mom kicked me out; from the homeless shelter to Shaine to coming up on me being raped and escaping. Once I'm done explaining, his fists are balled up and he looks as if he's ready to explode. I stop the story there to check on him.

"Dad, you good?"

"Yep," he says gritting his teeth. "I'm just fine."

I don't know why I asked. Of course he's not fucking good. He looks like he's about to pop a damn vessel.

"Dad, do I need to continue?"

It takes him a minute to answer. I almost tell him I'll finish later until he speaks before me.

"Go on, son," he says returning to his original sitting position. "Continue, I need to hear this anyway."

I don't tell him who assaulted me because then I know for sure his head is gonna explode. Instead I skip straight to what happened at Drake's party and the little encounter I had with her.

"So you're telling me that after what happened to you, you were confused for a long time until you went to Drake's party and almost fucked a girl until you felt she was loose? And then from that moment you learned you were gay?" I nod my head. He summed up everything I just said and correctly.

He sighs, slamming his hands down on the table, and leaning back right quick. I don't know what the hell is running through his mind right now, but I hope it doesn't involve him saying he's gonna cut me off.

"Oh, damn," he cusses rubbing his temples.

"This is some shit here!" I see he's still trying to process all of this

"This is some shit here!" I see he's still trying to process all of this. I probably dropped too much on him at one time, but he said he needs to hear all of this and I couldn't agree more.

"Dad," I start. "Are you upset?"

"At what? I'm upset, but not at you. I'm upset as hell at me." I don't understand what he's saying until he continues on. "You know, I never really thought about how my actions affected the people around me until now. And worst of all, they really came down hard on my own kids. I thought God was letting me suffer by being in jail, which was probably apart of it, but no. Cameron's gone and that should've been a sign right there. But after hearing what you've gone through, all I can think now is it's all my fault."