Chapter 22

Above: Simply A$AP Rocky's smile.

WARNING: Long chapter word count wise again

QOTD: Name a rapper that does not have kids. Okay Enjoy!

Los Angeles, California

I'm helping Drake get ready for his Fourth of July party. Like Drake and I said I would fly in Sunday and stay until a couple of days past the fourth. And I really just need some time away from New York after that's been going down. I haven't talked to the Mob, well except Ferg. But I did talk to Chance. He said Complex wants to sit down with me and interview me about what's been going on with me, including the SpaceGhostPurrp incident. As much as I don't want to do it, I agreed to it anyway because I didn't want to look like a punk.

I set out the coolers than are filled with different drinks outside while Drake is helping the maids straighten up the living room.

"YO DRAKE!" I holler.

"YEAH?!"

"WHAT TIME ARE THE GUEST SUPPOSED TO BE COMING?!" I hear footsteps walking towards me causing me to look up and see him coming.

"I got tired of yelling. But the guests should start arriving about four. Don't worry we got time," he says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Mmhmm, just checking."

"Thanks for helping me out," he says kissing me on the cheek. "You know you don't have to."

"Drake, it's the least I can do while you're letting me stay here to get away."

He chuckles. "You know you're welcome here or in Toronto anytime, Rocky."

"I know but still," I say. "And I'm just asking this, but is Jhené coming?"

"Aw come on, Rocky really?" he whines.

"What do you mean 'Aw come on, Rocky'? you're still fucking her, Drake."

He sighs. "But why do you care that she's coming?"

"Why are you getting so upset over this?"

"I'm not upset."

"Then just answer the damn question!"

He kisses his teeth before answering. "Yes, she's coming. You mad?"

I kiss my teeth and push him away from me. "No I'm not mad. Why would I be mad that your girlfriend is coming to your party?" I ask putting emphasis on girlfriend.

"I don't know." I bet he's lying but he doesn't want to say anything. As many dates he's took me on and all we've been through, he knows he wants me and I want him. But I'm not about to push it because he may drop me like the side hoe I basically am anyway.

Yet I still can't give a damn about that.

"Let me finish setting up for this party " he says walking away from me and going back into the house. I don't know why he got so hostile about me asking if Jhené's coming to the party. It is the truth that he's still fucking her. And that's his girlfriend so they do whatever. Seriously, we may have love for each other that we haven't totally admitted, but if he keeps this up then I don't know how long I can keep our rendezvous up.

~~~

Everything for the party is set up. The mini stage, the DJ, the pit is going, and the pool is ready to swim in. It's only twenty minutes until the guests are supposed to arrive and everything is looking right. Drake and I are dressed ready to turn up and celebrate.