Chapter 13

Above: The city of Arlington, Texas. Top left is Six Flags Over Texas. Top right is the Arlington skyline. Bottom right is the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in the back and the Texas Rangers Stadium up front. Bottom left is the water park Hurricane Harbor. Enjoy.

Arlington, Texas

We just got finished doing the show here in Arlington. As much as fun I had, I was beat. As usual I come off the stage sweaty, get handed a towel and a bottle of water and walk back to my dressing room. I close the door and fall back on the couch because not to complain but I need a break. Lucky for us the next show isn't for another two days. But really that's time to get from Arlington to Tucson.

I hear a knock on my dressing room door. I'm so relaxed it takes me a minute before I allow them to come in.

"COME IN!" I yell. They walk in and I hear the door close. I open my eyes to see it's Drake.

"Wassup A$AP?" he says as he gives me dap and sits down.

"Nothing much, just relaxing. Wassup Drake?" I ask sitting up.

"Ahh, you know I came in here to tell you you did great."

I chuckle. "You always tell me I do great."

"You right, but I also came to tell you that we're all staying in Arlington for the night in a hotel. Since everyone seems beat, even me, why not give ourselves a break." I love the sound of this. It's like Drake knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Yeah I'm liking the sound of that, nigga," I said making both of us laugh.

"Yeah, it was a last minute idea. But we gotta be out of here early in the morning though. I mean you can go out to the club or out to eat or whatever the fuck you wanna do if you want to-"

"Naw, I'm staying in and resting," I say. "You goin' out?"

"I might you know I might wanna check out the Texas scene." I nodded my head saying it was cool.

"Alright, I feel you, nigga. Goin' out to get you some girls huh?"

He laughs. "Nah, man. I love Jhené too much for that. I might just go out to eat or something."

I nod my head again. "Aight, Drake. I see you."

"Yeah," he said. Before either one of us could say anything else Jordan came into the room saying Drake had to come and finish getting ready.

"Alright, give me a minute," he said to Jordan. "I'll see you later A$AP." We both slap and shake hands as I said later and he left out the room.

I lay back on the couch with my eyes on the TV watching Kendrick do his thing.

~~~

The show ended and right now we're all staying at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. And I gotta give it up, this place was nice as hell too. But we had to get back on the road early.

I heard the majority of everyone saying they were going out tonight or going to go to the pool or some shit like that. Very few people said they were going to chill in their rooms. I don't give a fuck though they can do whatever the hell they want. Like I said, I'm staying in and chilling.

I just got out the bathroom with a towel around my waist from taking a shower. After I'm done I walk out, lotion up, put on my pajamas, and lay back on the bed watching TV. Drake hooked me up with this big ass suite I'm staying in and this shit was nice. I'm pretty sure he did the same with Kendrick. It has the nice big TV, the living room that leads into the bedroom. Nice big couches were in both rooms, and a king sized bed in the bedroom. I wish I could get use to this.