Chapter 23

Above: A gif of Drake and his smile. 

WARNING: You guys may dislike me for the time being. 😁 Enjoy!

Harlem, New York

I've been back in New York for almost a week now. Spending time with Drake is what I feel I needed. And especially after we made it official, it was worth going down to LA. The Fourth of July was fun, but the days I spent with Drake alone after were great. 

Since being back in my home state, I felt I was ready to return to the studio and talk to the Mob. After I talked to them about everything that happened, it was all settled and we went back to conducting business working on my album and the mixtape.

I said I scheduled Kendrick after the fourth so as of now he's on his way to the studio to lay down his verse for the song.

"Yo I can't believe K-Dot is on his way here. And to work with you, Rocky," Lou says happily. "Man I'd be dying."

I laugh. "Man shut the fuck up over here sounding like a fangirl."

"And how do you know what the fuck that means?" He asks looking me up and down. "Man you got some fruit in you?"

"Some fruit? Hell nah man. It's 2012 that word gets passed around like a joint."

"Whatever, man. But you talking about me? I know you acted like me when you heard that Drake found out about you and wanted to take you on tour with him." I freeze. He's right, but he can't know about everything that happened afterwards.

"Yeah, you right. I can't talk but it's just to mess with you man. We need some bright spirits around here, man."

"Then why don't you drink up?"

"Not those spirits, dumbass," I say laughing harder.

We continue messing around for a bit up until Nast comes into the room with a 40 in his hand

"Yo Rocky, Kendrick's here."

"Cool, send him on in." He calls Kendrick from the doorway and soon he comes up the stairs giving Nast a bro hug.

"Hey Kendrick," I standing up to give him a bro hug and Lou does the same. "Wassup man?"

"Ahh no shit, nigga," he says laughing and then takes a look at Lou. "Who's this?"

"Oh this is Lou, he's a manager to us," I introduce.

"Nice to meet you man."

"You too."

"So Kendrick ready to work on this track?" I ask.

"Hell yeah let's get this shit on the road. I know this track gonna be fire as hell." We all laugh and Lou and Nast leave the room to let us work.

Sitting down at the soundboard pulling up the track on my phone Kendrick makes more conversation.