Chapter 35

Above: The music video for Started From The Bottom since it's mention in this chapter.

Warnings ⚠: Long phone conversation and spoiler alert for the movie Juice.

QOTN: Did anyone watch the NBA Draft last week? What did you all think and who's your favorite rookie that got drafted? 

Okay enjoy the chapter.😘

Despite me saying I'm taking a break from music for a minute, I can't stay away. As a result, I'm working on a instrumental album. I figure it's something different from what's upcoming from me, and it's unexpected. The release date is currently unknown, but I want to drop it without notice. This album is going to be separate from the normal.

I'm at Worldwide sitting in one of the private rooms in a chair so I can focus. I got the beats set up on my laptop, my headphones are in, and my cellphone is next to me just in case a call comes in. When it comes to this project, I gotta be in the zone so I can make sure everything sounds perfect.

Working on the second track to the album, I see a call come in. I pause what I'm doing, take off my headphones and pick up my phone to see it's Drake. I make sure I don't hear any footsteps outside before I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby, how's it going?" He answers.

"It's going good. You?"

"It's all good. Say are you busy?"

I pause for a second, fitting in another beat before answering. "Uh.. I'm just working on some beats at the moment, but it's nothing serious. Why?"

"Cool, because I got a new track I made that I want you to listen to."

"Oh word?" I ask. "That's cool."

"Yeah, it's called Hold On We're Going Home."

I chuckle. "And here comes Drake again on his Poetic Justice shit."

"Then Janet, do you mind listening to this track?"

"Hold up!" I say sitting up. "Why the fuck I gotta be Janet? I mean she's a bad ass woman and all but why can't I be Tupac?"

"Because I thought we established this a long time ago where I was Tupac and you were my sexy ass Janet."

I kiss my teeth. "No we did not. If we did it was unofficial. Yo, why can't we be the guys in Juice? I can be Quincy and then you can be Bishop."

"First of all because in that movie no one was in love but Quincy and his girl, who by the way was an older woman. Secondly, you want me to be the nigga that goes crazy with power and dies at the end? I don't think so."

"Fine," I say "you can be Raheem then."

"You ain't right, Rakim, he dies too. But can you take a listen at this song, please?" He asks dragging out the please.

"Yeah, I'll take a listen. Are you sending it to me or are you playing it over the phone?"

"I'm sending it to you. Once you get it and listen to it, call me back and tell me what you think."

"Cool, I'll let you know." Saying bye real quick and hanging up our phones, not too long after my phone lets me know I got a text message. I pull the cord from my laptop out its plug as I connect it to my phone. I put them on as I click on the link to the song. Once the beat starts, I'm already nodding my head. He didn't do bad with this one. The lyrics flow even though they are redundant, but I'm sure there's a reason behind this. And it's not a rap song; it's different from the normal. It's giving me almost like an old school R&B vibe.