Chapter 49

Above: how Rocky and Drake looked the whole time they were dealing with each other. Please tell me that video can be seen. If not i'll come back and post it below this.

Enjoy! 😘😘

New York City, New York

I can't believe I finally worked up the courage to break it off with Drake. It feels surreal and I'll say it feels like I did something wrong. But I know it's because I've been putting up with his bullshit for so long and now I'm done. It's going to take me some time to get over it, but I know I'll be okay. In the meantime, I'm focusing more on my music, family, friends, and myself.

In the short time I was down in Miami I haven't heard Ferg or Nast deliver me any news of dad's health so I'm guessing he's still the same. But when I first got back I made sure to ask them how was everything.

I'm on my way to see Dad now to update him on what happened between Drake and I. Knowing him I'm sure he's gonna be excited as hell that I finally left Drake. I won't even be mad if he starts cheering.

I pull up to the facility and before I open the car door my phone rings. Looking at the caller ID I see Ms. Odette's name.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Rakim," she says in a tone that sounds like she's been crying. "You need to get down here. He's dying." I immediately go mute while I still have the phone to my ear. I stare out into space frozen trying to process the words Ms. Odette said and I'm having a difficult time doing so. I knew he was going, but I didn't expect it to be right now.

"Rakim? Rakim are you still there?" I hear Ms. Odette ask me.

I shake myself out of my thoughts. "Y-yeah I'm still here. Look, I just pulled up I'm on my way in now." We hang up with each other, but I do call moms and Amber to tell them to come down here.

When I'm finished with that, I hurriedly get out the car and go inside. I head straight to dad's room and see he's laid out with his eyes barely open. He's lost so much weight over the months of him having cancer that he looks like a skeleton. I hate seeing him like this and I'm sure he hates how he feels being in this condition.

"Rakim," Ms. Odette greets me giving me a hug.

"Hi, Ms. Odette," I say as we pull away from the hug. "What did the doctors say?"

She struggles for a moment to speak. With all the crying she's been doing and the stress she's under, I understand.

"He can't talk. That's what they told me," she starts. "And they said he doesn't have much time left. He's estimated to go sometime today no later than tonight." I feel a tear slide down my face, but I wipe that away quickly only for a few more to come down.

"Can he still hear at least?" I ask her.

She nods her head wiping more tears. "He can and just know he can barely move."

I look over to dad and sees he's looking our way. I walk over to him and stand beside his bed trying to make little sudden moves. However, he slowly lifts his hand to grab mine and I grab it right back. I take a seat in the chair next to the bed to make it easier on him.

"Hey, dad," I start. "I was gonna come by to see how you were holding up anyway. I'm glad the decision was already made." I see a slight smile form on his face causing more tears to start flowing. "I also came to tell you that about my situation, I broke it off with them. You were right, I do deserve better." I'm surprised at myself for saying this in front of Ms. Odette, but it's not like she's gonna know I was dating a guy.

As soon as I tell him that he gives my hand a firm shake, I'm sure telling me he's proud that I did the right thing.

He coughs again before falling back on the bed. I get worried until I hear more voices behind me. Looking back, I see moms and Amber rushing into the room with Amber coming straight to the bed.