Chapter 33

No above media, just sit back and enjoy the chapter!

Oh but question: Has anyone listened to Kendrick Lamar's new album? If you have did you like it? Okay enjoy!

After kissing for what feels like a while, we pull away from each other. Right now we're just looking at each other, haven't said a word. It's as if me revealing my past changed the whole atmosphere in the room, which I'm sure it did.

"Rocky?" he says.

"Yeah?"

"I'm so sorry about all the shit you had to endure in your youth."

I sigh. I don't want pity from him. I just wanted to explain more to him about myself.

"Drake it's fine-"

"No," he says cutting me off. "It's not okay. But through all that shit look at where you are now, a success. I may be proud of you because of how your album's doing right now, but I'm more proud of you for opening yourself up to me like this and not letting anything hold you back to get to where you are now."

All I can do is showcase a small smile. If I thought I wasn't proud of myself a few minutes ago, hearing my boyfriend say this to me really has me hype.

"But I also gotta ask baby, when was the last time you felt love?"

I think about the question he's asking. I really don't understand what he means. Does he mean love as if through friends or love like what we got now?

"What do you mean, Drake?"

"Let me rephrase that. Do you feel like I love you? Like I give you affection, attention? I know we both be busy as fuck but I still like to check on you and see how you're doing."

"Yeah, I feel like you love me. And I love you too."

"Okay now answer me this. Do you feel like your family still loves you?"

This question I have to think about the answer to for a minute. As much as I think about my family, which is all the time, I know I still love them, but I never thought about if they still love me back. I'm sure moms should be over what happened almost ten years ago and Amber too, but I never know what I could walk in to.

"Drake, honestly I don't know. I would have to find that out for myself. But I'm not ready to go and face them."

"And that's okay. It's not like anyone is beating you to make you go see them. You take your time with that just like you took your time to open up to me about your past."

I don't say anything after that. All I can do is look at Drake, and not for his features, but because of the person that he is. And especially how he is at this moment.

"Thank you, Drake," I say with tears welling up in my eyes again.

"It's no problem, baby. You know I always got you." I smile as I look down and tears fall from my eyes once again.

"No, look at me," he says holding my head up and wiping my tears away. "Rocky, you are going to make it through this. Everything is going to fall into place, okay?"

I nod my head. "I know it will. Meeting you made me feel everything is starting to fall into place."

I see that big smile on his face as he gives me a quick peck on the lips.

"I love you, Rakim."

"I love you too, Aubrey."

~~~

Opening my eyes and stretching a bit, I realize it's the next morning.

I look next to me and see Drake is not there. The thought of him having to be out of here first thing this morning came for a second, until I smell food cooking.