Chapter 47

Above: My way of saying wassup through live message.

Warning: This chapter will be shorter than normal 

Enjoy the chapter! 

Australia was off the damn chain. The people were great, the food was amazing, and our performances were bomb as hell. The Mob all had a good time with each other and our fans. It was nothing but good vibes around us which made the trip even better than what it was already.

While we were down there, I couldn't get my mind off of Dad. I told the Mob about what was going on and they immediately wondered why the hell I was with them. I explained everything and told them when we got back home I was gonna be taking care of him as much as I can. They offered for me to take time off, but I declined being that I still have business to handle.

On most nights I did FaceTime with Drake while everyone was sleep so the rest of the Mob won't know what's going on. We were discussing his video and how everything is set up and ready to go. He also sent my lines for what I was going to say and it isn't much, but I'll take it. All he needs is everyone who's in it to head down to Miami and film their scenes. As much I would've liked to head down there right away, I had to tell Drake about what's going on. Of course he got concerned and said he would push back the start of filming for me, but I turned that down too and told him to go on ahead. However, I did tell him I would be down there as soon as possible.

I haven't heard anything from Amber or moms about any strange calls, texts, or people stalking them. I haven't gotten anything since I've been back or while I was away, but I'm still on high alert. I did finally tell moms more detail about the situation when I got back and she was ready to kill me, but did calm down and said she'll let me know if anything goes down.

As of now, I'm on my way to go see Dad. I want to spend as much time with him before he moves on and maybe he'll tell me more stories about himself or anything else.

I pull up to the center he's located at and get out the car heading inside the building. Once I tell the receptionist who I am and who I'm looking for she gives me his room number, which is not too far down the hall.

Taking a short left past the desk, he's the second door on my left. Going inside I see he's up and Ms. Odette is here right by his bed talking to dad.

I knock lightly on the door making them look over at me. "Hi, Dad, Ms. Odette, am I interrupting something?" I ask as I walk in.

"Hey, son," Dad greets me.

"Hi, Rakim," Ms. Odette says as she gets up from her seat to give me a hug and I return the favor. "No, you're just fine. Your dad and I are just talking." She goes back to her seat and I stand next to her.

"You want to sit down, son?" 

"Nah, I'm good," I reply. 

"Actually, you can have my seat. I have to run anyways," Ms. Odette says as she grabs her things before getting up out of her chair. "I'll see you two later." She kisses Dad on the lips and gives me one last hug before saying goodbye and heading out of the room. 

I take her seat next to Dad's bed. As much as I wouldn't have minded Ms. Odette staying, it's actually nice to have some quality time with Dad alone. 

"So son, how've you been?" Dad asks and coughs a little making me worried but I'm going to try not to sweat that too much while I'm here. 

"I've been alright," I respond. "I've been focusing on my music more, which has been good for me. I just came back from Australia which was nice. And you know moms and Amber are good, but you know I can't stop thinking about you while you're in here, Dad."