Chapter 34

Above: The NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant and his mom, Ms. Wanda Durant. Congratulations to him and the Warriors. Let me know if you can see the gif. Wattpad is f-ing up again.

Enjoy the chapter! 😘

Since my album dropped, it shot to number one on the Billboard Hot 200. I feel this is a major accomplishment in my life. But since this album has dropped and I believe it is where it needs to be, I'm going to take a break from music for a while. I'm focusing more on fashion and on my relationship at that. Plus with the money I have saved up and some that's still coming in, I think it may be time for a change of scenery, with that scenery possibly being in L.A.

I have my joint on the side of me as I'm looking up houses in Los Angeles. After visiting there a couple of times and loving the weather and everything the city has to offer, I have official plans on having a house out there. And also, whenever Drake and I are in L.A. at the same time we can visit each other. Of course I'm gonna have to look out for Jhené when they're together, but I can manage like what I've been doing for a while now.

I've been looking up houses for about an hour now and I think I need a break. I close down my computer and sit back on the couch smoking my weed, watching whatever is on TV. I got bored with what was on quickly so I flip through the channels only to land on the local news and the first thing I see is breaking news in big, bold letters making me stop on that channel to see what's going on.

The two anchors, a black female and male, come on and announce that two local known criminals have been caught for numerous kidnappings, rapes, and even murders of young boys in the New York City and Harlem area

The two anchors, a black female and male, come on and announce that two local known criminals have been caught for numerous kidnappings, rapes, and even murders of young boys in the New York City and Harlem area. The news is currently showing helicopter footage of the cops surrounding what looks like the place they've been doing their gruesome actions. I shake my head at the news of this shit. I wonder how long this has been going on. This news reminds of when I was kidnapped and raped, but luckily for me I escaped before any more damage could be done.

Currently, the S.W.A.T. team just showed up as the anchors are narrating what's going on right now along with the calls of other figures involved. The names of the criminals haven't been released yet and I feel this may take a while so I put out my joint and lay back on the couch to get on my phone. I get on Twitter to see that the news of the criminals being surrounded is trending at number five. I click on that topic and see what everybody's saying about it until I receive a phone call from Drake.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, baby, you know there's cops and the S.W.A.T. team surrounding criminals in your area right?"

"Yeah, I got the story on TV right now and it's trending on Twitter," I reply.

"That's how I found out. Damn, news spreads fast."

I chuckle. "I know right?"

"Yeah, well I just called to check on you. Are you okay?" That brings a smile to my face. I love how he called just to check on me.