Chapter 41

Above: Rocky's mom on the bottom and sister Amber on top.

Warning⚠: Long chapter word count wise and tears will be shed in this chapter.

Okay enjoy the chapter 😘😘

I left Toronto the day before Ferg said I needed to be back. It was depressing because that's the last time Drake and I will see each other for a while, but we can always find time to call, text, and FaceTime each other. And I'm sure some distance will do us some good.

Once I got back to New York, I got scolded so bad from everyone, especially from Ferg, Yams, and my manager Chance. Well first, everyone roasted me for my hair, which got fixed up again thanks to Drake's stylist, and then I got scolded. Chance told me next time I have a business venture out of nowhere to tell him what was going on because he was worried as hell. Ferg didn't get in me too much, he was just pissed at the fact that I up and left without telling him. Now Yams, he was almost ready to slap me upside my head. But once I explained to him everything that happened since he's one of the few people that know about us, he understood. I have a feeling that he doesn't like that I up and left the Mob out of nowhere, especially for Drake, but I'm just assuming.

I also told Yams about how I wanna go find my mom and Amber. He was very supportive of the thought, but the thing is I couldn't go find them immediately after I returned due to business. We have all this shit planned out for the next month and I still wanna go look for a house out in LA. I'm in no rush at all to search for the house, but I want to go find moms and Amber before it's too late.

It's now April and I have little bit of time before the seventh to go find them. Once the eighth hits that's all the free time we have because the Mob has to go shoot Ferg's video for his single Work and I got a photo shoot to do with GQ. Also Chance got me booked for a performance at Jay Z's Budweiser Made In America concert and I couldn't be more honored. But I don't have to worry about that until later.

Soon as I got back, every chance I got I would research on where mom and Amber live. Based on the information I found they still live in the same place after all these years, but their phone number has changed. I would love to move them out of Harlem and into something better, but I gotta see how mom feels.

As of now it's almost noon. I'm getting ready to go over there and hopefully someone's at home. I don't know what mom or Amber's schedule is like, but I'm willing to take that chance. I haven't exactly told Dad about my plans to go see mom and Amber, and I'm not going to tell him until after the fact because I know he'll want to hear some news.

Finishing getting dressed, I walk out my bedroom, grab my keys and whatever else I need and head out the door locking it behind me.

On the way downstairs, I think of all the possible outcomes that could occur. Mom may still not want to see me despite the situation happening almost ten years ago. She may be happy to see me after all these years and want to catch up on everything. Or possibly, she may not care at all.

Getting off the elevator and heading towards the car, I think of how Amber may feel. She may hate me because she might feel like I left her since Cameron already left us; it's a thought that she may not want to see me. On the other side, she may want to see me, but she might have to warm up to me again after years of absence.

With all these different scenarios running through my mind, I hop in the car and start it up. I calm myself down and try not to do too much over thinking about this. Whatever the outcome may be, at least God knows that I tried reaching out to them.

~~~

I don't really return to my side of Harlem that often. It's run-down and it's not as fun as it use to be. With all the killings and cops around here twenty-four seven, Harlem looks more like a war zone. Every day there's always something happening here and majority of the time it's not good. Of course, Harlem will always be home, but it's hard to come back.