Chapter 55

Above: a live message reminder from me in relation to this chapter

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  🎉🎊2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣

Enjoy!  😘

Los Angeles, California

It's been three months since Yams's passing. The crew and I are still healing from it and I know the grieving process is going to take more time. Being around each other has helped us keep going. And for me, my family and Drake has really helped me get through this. I still get emotional every now and then, but I don't let that stop me.

With the Ant situation, he did finally come around and apologize. But I know I got to watch my back around him now. I accepted his apology, but that doesn't mean I trust the nigga again.

As of late, I truly have been throwing myself into my music, specifically into my album. Yams was one of the producers for this. His name will still be listed, but trying to complete the album without him is bittersweet. But thank God I got people like Danger Mouse, Hector Delgado, and Juicy J to help me out. Also, the label did try to help by offering a deadline extension, but I didn't take it. I really want this album to be done so I can move on to the next thing.

I'm in the studio now still working out the sound to the last song on the album until I hear my phone ring. I pull it out my pocket and look at the screen to see it's Drake wanting to FaceTime.

"Hang on, y'all, I gotta take this," I tell Hector and Danger. They continue working while I step out into the hallway, far away from the room in a secluded area to take his call.

"Hey, babe," I greet him when I see his face pop up.

"Hey, baby. How are you doing?" he asks as he takes a sip of what looks like green tea.

I nod my head a little. "I'm doing a bit better. Just taking it day by day."

He nods his head saying, "I got you. You know I'm here if you need anything, baby."

"Thanks. Now was there something in particular you wanted to call me for or...?" I ask him with a smirk on my face.

"Based on that smirk I think you know where I'm going with this," he laughs. "I was thinking I know you're still healing, but being that we're both out in LA once again I want to make you feel a little better by meeting up for another date night."

"When?" I ask immediately.

"Is tomorrow night at seven good for you? I know you're working on your project right now too, so I wanted to give you time. And don't do that thing where you say 'how you know I'm not busy then?'"

I laugh out loud at him imitating me. "Shut the fuck up." I continue laughing at him, making him laugh with me until I regain control of myself. "Anyway, as usual you better be glad my ass is free. It's like you know my schedule."

"Well, I am your man," he says in a cocky tone. "I'm supposed to know plenty of things about you."

"Oh yeah? What's my favorite drink?" I ask him.

He smirks. "Easy. Hennessy, or when you're really feeling it Coconut Ciroc."

"Damn," I mumble to myself. I actually didn't think he'd remember.  "Alright, damn. You got it."

"I know I did because I know you, baby. And since we're playing this game, what's my favorite movie?"

"Two Can Play That Game," I answer with the quickness. "but you also like that dull ass movie Rounders."