Chapter 45

Above: One of my FAVOURITE ship couples of all time, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. KylexDeMar ❤. I can believe they were like that when they first started playing together, but I can see that they're relationship really has came a long way.

QOTN: Does everyone still want me to update A Teenage Love? Please let me know. 🙏🏾

Okay enjoy the chapter. 😗😘

I'm on my way back over to moms and Amber's place so I can tell her about what's going on. I have no plans today so like moms said, I figured I come back the next day. I called moms to tell her I was coming over so Amber could be ready. I have no idea how this is gonna turn out, I hope it turns out better than what I'm thinking. But I'm still expecting the worst just in case.

I pull up to the complex, park the car, and get out locking the doors. Following the normal routine, I make my way into the building, get on the elevators to the third floor, and walk down the hallway to the apartment. I knock on the door and not even five seconds later moms is taking off the deadbolt and unlocking the door swinging it open.

"Hey, son. Come on in."

"Hey, mom," I say walking in to see Amber sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey, Amber," I greet her sitting next to her.

"Hey, Rocky," she says giving me a quick hug before paying attention back to the TV.

"Rakim, are you hungry?" Mom asks.

I shake my head. "Nah, I'm good."

She shrugs her shoulders and walks over to the remote that's sitting on the table to pick it up and turn off the TV. Amber has a confused look on her face and starts to say something before moms cuts her off quickly.

"Amber, get that look off your face. Your brother has something important he needs to talk to you about. I'll let you two work this out, but if you need me I'll be in my room. Cool?" We both respond as moms goes to her bedroom. Amber sits up on the couch to look at me while I'm still in the same position looking at her.

"So big bro, what is it?"

"Now look, what I'm about to tell you is very close to both of us so however you take it is how you do. I'm telling you this for the sake of both of us, but you especially."

"Okay, okay, just tell me. I feel like you're about to drag this on."

I wish I could stall telling Amber, but I know I gotta man up and tell her. I should've brought a joint with me so it would be easier announcing this to her, but I'll survive. And I don't think moms like smoking in her crib anyway.

"Amber I know you were young, but do you remember when dad went away?"

She shakes her head. "No, I don't. Why is he out now?"

I nod my head. "Yes he is, Amber." She starts to say something but I cut her off so I can finish my piece before she states how she feels. "Now before you say something, let me explain the whole situation." I fill her in on everything in the same fashion I told moms. From running into him that day at the pizza place to hanging out with him a few times. Of course I bring up that he has another family and surprisingly she didn't get upset. She took that part well.

"So are you telling me all of this because you want me to see him?"

I nod my head. "That's right, but if only you're up to it. I want you to, but dad really wants to see you." I would prefer that she does go see him, but I don't know how she's feeling right now and she may think otherwise.