Chapter 16

Above: Iggy Azalea as Herself. Enjoy.

Harlem, New York

It feels so good to be back at home. It's been a month since I've been off the Club Paradise Tour, but it's nice to get back to what I need to do. Ever since I got off tour I've been having interviews hit me left and right about my mixtape, the tour, and when am I going to release an album. I gotta give some credit to Drake because he did help in putting me and the A$AP Mob on the map. Speaking of Drake, our relationship (really friendship) is great right now. I mean we don't go out officially or anything, but we're feeling each other from what we both can see. He does call every now and then, but we did say we'll talk about it more when he gets off tour.

Right now I'm in the studio working on my album with Ty Beats, Hector Delgado who's another producer, and Curtis Williams. I got this song I'm working on called Suddenly and we're trying to find the perfect beat for it. 

"It's close, but bring the bass up some," I say to Ty and Hector. They do exactly that and that's when I find the beat I'm looking for.

"Hey, now I can dig this," said Curtis.

"I'm right there with you, man," I say to him. "Now all I gotta do is just record my lyrics to it and we can move on to the next song."

Right when I say that, that's when Yams comes into the room along with the rest of the crew who take a seat on the couches and chairs.

"Okay so I brought us all in here to say that Chase just invited us to a party tonight at Cielo."

"Tonight? And we're just now getting told?" Twelvyy asks. 

"Yep, he just now told me," says Yams. 

"What time?" Dom asks.

"Starts at nine and doesn't end until three in the morning. We all know Chase's parties don't end until the next fucking day." When he said that we all look at each other like we're discussing internally whether to go to the party or not. "Aw come on y'all. I see the looks you guys are giving. Go out and meet you guys some hot fucking chicks, man. Get you guys a drink, just have a good ass time."

We still think about until we all speak up. "We'll be there," we all say in unison.

"Good, you guys know what this means? More exposure meaning more people to listen to us meaning more fans and money. Oh and other celebrities are going to be there too, and we might have to perform so be ready." With that said, he left out the room leaving all of us just staring at one another.

That's when Illz speaks up. "Guys is it me or does Yams seem a bit on edge lately?"

"Come on, man, he's probably just fucking stressed out," Bari says.

"Okay so are we, but do we sound or seem on edge? No."

Lou sighs. "Honestly, I don't see it. Sure he's tired, so are we, but he seems fine to me."

"I agree," Ant says.

Illz sighs before he looks over at me. "Rocky, Curtis, Hector, Ty, doesn't he seem stressed to y'all?" I can't believe he just put us on the spot like that.

"Nope," Ty, Curtis, and Hector say in unison and then all eyes are on me. I don't want to participate in this discussion at all, hence why I didn't say shit. I'm pretty sure Ty, Curtis, and Hector feel the same way. Honestly, within the month that I've been back here, I've seen a little something in Yams, but it's not out of control.

I sigh. "To tell the truth, he does seem a bit on edge, but to me it's not anything that seems to be spiraling out of control. I think we're just overreacting. Come on y'all maybe this party will help him take his mind off things and calm him down. And not just him, but for all of us. That's probably the reason why he wants us all to go."