68| Destruct

- Fuck Vegan, go Cannibal -

The light was dimmed in the hospital room, yellow streaks of brightness illuminating the ceiling through the half-closed curtains

The light was dimmed in the hospital room, yellow streaks of brightness illuminating the ceiling through the half-closed curtains. The sound of cars could be heard outside, driving in the rain and splashing the pedestrians. Over it, machines were beeping steadily, the signal coming from near the bed so repetitive it was lulling Hannah to sleep.

The girl was blinking slowly, eyelids heavy from exhaustion and knees brought against her chest as she sat in a comfortable armchair in the corner of the room. Despite her state of weariness, she couldn't sleep. Hannah was so enthralled by Taehyung's parted lips as he breathed that she couldn't give up to her state of lassitude.

Suddenly the man's eyelids fluttered open, revealing two obsidian irises. A painful groan escaped his lips as his gaze washed over the machines to his right, finally realizing where he was.

"Hannah?" he muttered, and in two seconds the girl was wide awake and at his side, sitting on the bed and scrutinizing his face with so much intent the man felt transfixed.

"Hey, you're awake."

She caressed his forehead with her thumb, realizing that his fever was finally down. He had slept almost non-stop for the past two days but was agitated, his high temperature resulting in delirious nightmares where he would call for her with a hoarse voice that would break the girl's heart.

With his bandaged shoulder and face all swollen from his broken nose, he looked perfectly miserable, and despite the tremendous amount of painkillers, he still winced in pain when he shifted in the bed to look around.

"How long have I been out?" he asked, blinking sleepily in her direction.

"Two days."

He let out a loud groan, clearly disgruntled about the situation.

"How are the others?" he asked, grabbing the glass of water at his side with an awkwardly stretched hand to avoid his stitched fingertips.

"They are all doing fine. Suga is awake and doing a lot better since yesterday. The others decided to go to a hotel tonight to shower and change, but I decided to stay and keep an eye on you."

Taehyung let out a huff and brutally put back the glass of water on the nightstand, making Hannah jump.

"For fuck's sake!" he cried out, "I can't believe I wasted two days!"

Hannah frowned at the sight of his painful expression, jaw clenched and eyes shutting close in irritation. He sat up in the bed with a wince, throwing his legs to the side like he was trying to stand up.

"Hey! Where are you going?"

"We have stuff to do! Business stuff!"

"Taehyung! You're hurt!"