5| Fever

-Sometimes dreams are just better... you know?-

Hannah opened her eyes and was instantly blinded by the sun

Hannah opened her eyes and was instantly blinded by the sun. She blinked a few times before looking around her.

She was laying on the roof of a building, surrounded by nothing but concrete. She could feel the wind on her face and the girl breathed deeply. A scent of freshly cut grass and something sweet, like cinnamon rolls invaded her nostrils.

A few seagulls flew over her head, their white wings moving imperceptibly, the immaculate color of their feathers contrasting against the sky, which was so blue, it almost felt like it was made of plastic. Indeed, the wide blue yonder was a perfect cerulean, uniform and almost matte, like if Hannah could touch it and it would feel solid and smooth under her fingers.

"Hey! How are you?"

Hannah tried to sit up, but for some reason her back was glued to the ground, so she had to turn her head as much as she could to see her companion.

"Jungkook?"

Indeed it was him, his raven hair swaying in the wind. He hadn't changed one bit. He still had those big soft chocolate eyes, a warm smile and this cute little mole on his chin.

He looked healthy and happy, his face glowing and his hair shining under the sunlight. He was sitting just beside Hannah, his knee almost touching her arm.

Everything about him felt soft and familiar.

"Where is Liam?" the girl asked, looking around the roof.

Jungkook scrunched his nose, smiling at her widely.

"Who is Liam?" he asked.

"Your brother..." answered Hannah, suddenly feeling that something was weird about this whole situation.

What was she doing on a rooftop with Jungkook? The girl wasn't even able to remember how she had gotten there in the first place, but everything felt calm and nice, so she decided to stop thinking and just enjoy the moment.

"Yes! Liam! He's somewhere around here, I think," said Jungkook, gesturing to the rest of the rooftop.

The sun was very bright and hot, its scorching rays falling over Hannah's hair. The girl felt beads of sweat roll down her forehead.

Jungkook approached her, lying beside the girl and taking her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. His palm was warm and dry, fitting perfectly in hers.

"I missed you so much," he suddenly confessed, his voice filled with sorrow, "I missed you every day you were gone."

Hannah smiled at him, tightening her grip around his hand.

"I missed you too," she said, "I even drew you in my cell while I was locked up, using white chalk first and putting the paint after, just like you showed me."