6| Damaged

- We're all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all-

Hannah finally came out of her slumber after two weeks of hallucinations, headaches, stomach pains, tremors, confusion and many more symptoms, all direct side effects of drug withdrawal

Now she was fine... well, almost fine.

She was still feeling weak and tired all the time, enable to eat solid foods without throwing up, but she was alive and had every intention of staying this way for a while.

To everyone's surprise, and to Taehyung's dismay, she had made it, proving how strong she was, but also how her body wasn't exactly functioning normally.

It wasn't common to recover this fast from such a shock. Two weeks of suffering from years of drugs was unusual. It could take months and even years for drug addicts to recover after a weaning and yes, Hannah was young, an undeniable factor going in her favor, but still, she wasn't healthy at all, being under-fed at the prison and locked up in a very small room where she couldn't exactly breathe fresh air and exercise properly.

Clearly, something suspicious was going on with the girl's metabolism and Ms. Min, who used to be a nurse, even said that in her years of work, she had never seen even once someone come back from such a strong fever so fast, and with absolutely no consequences whatsoever.

However, despite every odd, Hannah was now a lot better, walking around in her pyjamas to watch tv and talk to the others instead of staying in her bedroom screaming and crying in pain all day under Ms. Min's supervision.

The building in which Taehyung and his crew were staying was a monstrosity, all made of concrete and glass; 72 levels of luxury, with a gym, a private pool, a movie theater as well as a spa and many more utilities.

People living there were mostly celebrities and politicians, all people that were ready to pay a heavy sum of money so that their privacy would be respected. All the windows were bullet-proof and there were guards around the building, as well as fingerprint scans and codes to enter every elevator.

The last level of this huge building, standing proudly in the middle of downtown Chicago, belonged to Taehyung. It was organized in many, very big apartments with a huge central lounge, where the boys would usually gather to talk and eat together.

Hannah thought that everything around this place was blinding. From the white walls and the powerful lamps to the windows covering every parcel of wall, everything was bright and shiny, assaulting Hannah's eyes, who was used to stay in the darkness all day long.

At one point, when the girl was still in withdraw, she had disappeared while Ms. Min had her back turned. Jin and Hoseok had looked for her everywhere, finally finding her huddled behind the washing machine, which was in the only room of the whole level with no windows. She was fast asleep, her head leaning against the wall, finally feeling at ease in the obscurity.