58| Airbus

- I think I'm dangerous now -

There was an atmosphere of finality, when they all stepped inside of the black vans to get to the Chicago airport

There was an atmosphere of finality, when they all stepped inside of the black vans to get to the Chicago airport. Everyone was on edge, even more so than usual because of the size of the mission they were going to go through.

However, the squad was ready and knew the plan inside and out. They had carefully prepared every aspect of the mission and everyone was ready, although nervous to get to work. They arrived at O'Hare International airport without a hitch and watched as men in black charged boxes of equipment inside of their usual private jet, the baggage hold soon packed with crates of bombs, grenades, guns, ammunition and more.

Not long after, the plane was taking off, its seven passengers comfortably sitting in their leather seats. The ride from Chicago to McCarran International Airport was only 4 hours and the atmosphere inside of the plane was glacial, all of them repeating the plan in their heads to be sure they were ready.

Yoongi had his eyes riveted to the blueprints of Area 51, biting his nails as he tried to memorize the arrangement of the buildings.

"Why are you even doing this?" Jin asked over his shoulder.

"If something happens and we get lost in this stupid labyrinth of underground tunnels, you guys are going to be pretty fucking glad I have a good memory."

Hoseok shook his head, a contagious toothy smile drawn on his lips.

"Nothing will happen, we got this."

"The last time you said, 'we got this,' during a mission, you got shot in the shoulder not two minutes after," mumbled Yoongi.

Taehyung was sitting beside Hannah and was half-asleep with his head on her shoulder. Again, he hadn't slept in the last few days out of anxiousness and the four-hour flight to get to Las Vegas was his only time to rest before the mission. Meanwhile, Hannah had her eyes fixed to the porthole, taking in the fluffy clouds that were visible through the night. Looking down at the ground, a sea of small dots of lights were visible, each one representing a town, glowing yellow through the obscurity.

She was thinking about Jungkook and Liam, specifically about the fact that she had left them again, which was breaking her heart, again. The sensation of Jungkook's arms around her shoulders was still imprinted in her mind from when he had hugged her goodbye, holding her so tightly that for a second she thought he was going to suffocate her. Liam was next, and he cried in her sweater. Even if they had downplayed the whole Area 51 thing with the child, he was smart enough to understand that it was a lot riskier than their previous mission and didn't like it for one bit.

"Do you guys wanna play cards?" asked Jin, "Jimin? Come on! It'll be fun!"

The blond wasn't listening. This time, he needed to stay sharp for the mission, so he couldn't drug himself to sleep during the flight. As a consequence, he was sitting straight in his chair with his eyes wide open, cold sweat running down his back as he kept looking outside at the wing to his left. He ignored Jin, grabbing the armrests instead, his knuckles turning white at how nervous he was. The only thing keeping him sane at the moment was the memory of Jungkook pulling him away from the others to kiss him senseless, his lips so fervent that his whole body was lit on fire, desire washing over him in thick intoxicating waves while the others were saying goodbye.