48| Void

- Oh, but that's the irony,
broken people are not fragile -

Hannah was running through the corridor, zigzagging on shaky legs to find the room where the guy she wanted was hiding

Hannah was running through the corridor, zigzagging on shaky legs to find the room where the guy she wanted was hiding. Clearly, by now he should have been alerted because of the alarm, and Hannah was ready to find some kind of resistance when she would finally get to him.

The girl started to cough in her mask, and she suddenly tripped, falling down and finding herself splattered on the floor.

Ouch.

At that moment, she felt like the worst criminal of all time. She was tired and couldn't even run without tripping on her own feet, was probably lost, and couldn't even use her powers anymore because she was too exhausted. Being alone in a hostile environment was getting to her and she nervously looked around, trying to orient herself.

Get a grip, woman, she ordered, trying to calm her erratic breathing.

She sat down, opening her bag and taking out her water bottle, thirstily drinking the rest of her water in a few large gulps.

There, at least I won't die thirsty.

She threw her backpack on her shoulders and stood up, running once more down the corridor. She turned a corner but jerked back immediately when she heard the gunshots. Looking down at her chest, she saw that two bullets were now lodged in her bulletproof vest, right in the middle of her chest where her heart was.

The girl let out a shaky breath. Even if she was wearing protection, it still hurt like a bitch, the impact halting her breathing and making her gasp.

Trying to kill me now? That's not very nice!

At least, she knew she was at the right place. Obviously, these guards were standing in front of the door where the president's brother was, to protect him. Hannah took both her guns, one in each hand, and decided that today was her lucky day and that she wasn't going to die.

Taking a chance, she quickly looked around the corner and aimed, pulling the trigger of both guns at the same time towards the two guards. The gunshots echoed in the corridor going both ways and three bodies fell to the ground.

Hannah had managed to kill the two guards but had received gunshots as well, most lodging themselves into her bulletproof vest, one ricocheting against her mask, while another grazed her hand, scratching it and making her drop her gun. The impacts were powerful enough to make her fall on her back and she winced in pain, wondering if she hadn't cracked a rib.

It wasn't time to rest just yet, however, and the girl painfully stood up, waddling to the door where she had to push away the two dead guards to be able to open.

She looked down at them and stuck out her tongue inside her mask.

Got you.

Grabbing her gun and busting the door open, she walked in, finding a large empty suite. All the lights were switched off and there was absolutely not a sound, the complete silence filling the room making chills run up her spine. She listened, suddenly very aware that she was alone and that if that guy suddenly jumped on her, she probably wouldn't be able to fight him off in the state of high exhaustion she was in.