38| Contract

- Sweet little baby in a world full of pain -

Hannah just couldn't believe how great her life was

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Hannah just couldn't believe how great her life was. She was free, out of jail and unrestrained, enjoying the luxury of a gigantic penthouse full of people she loved and could call her friends. Her arch enemy was dead, killed by her own hand and she would soon be able to go to Jungkook, as soon as her first mission would be accomplished.

And also, she was head-over-heels in love with her boss, which was the sexiest man she had ever seen, despite his slight tendency for killing innocent people even if he maintained only murdering when it was well-deserved. She still couldn't believe that she had sex with him. Hot, dirty, erotic sex to be exact, that was still making her blush when she thought about it.

"Why are you smiling like that?" asked Ms. Min as she gazed at the girl in front of her who had a sinister beam plastered on her face, "Did you kill someone and hid the body in my fridge or something?"

"Would it even bother you if I did exactly that?"

Ms. Min shrugged.

"As long as you cut it to pieces, so it fits in the meat drawer..."

Hannah giggled, shoving a carrot in her mouth. She was sitting at the kitchen island and was supposed to help Ms. Min cut vegetables. However, the girl was eating most of the edible things Ms. Min was throwing at her, including an entire raw cabbage that she was slowly chewing, one leaf at a time. The girl observed Ms. Min while she stirred onions and scallions in a large pan, her grey bun tightly holding on top of her head and her glasses fogging from the heat. Light was streaming through the tall windows, illuminating the room and refracting against the shiny counters.

"But to be totally serious," suddenly asserted Hannah, "I think that being dead for five minutes changed my perspective on some things."

"Like what?"

"If I really had died... Nobody would have remembered me."

Ms. Min turned around, sending her a side smile.

"I would have remembered you."

Hannah grinned, taking another bite of her carrot.

"I just feel like – like I should be doing something meaningful with my life. I have superpowers, shouldn't I become a superhero or something? Do something that has an impact on the world?"

"People don't deserve to be saved," thoughtfully responded Ms. Min, looking at Hannah over her glasses, "If you want to do something that has a meaning, you should talk to Taehyung about it. He hasn't shown you his plan yet, right?"

The girl shook her head, eyes gleaming with curiosity.

"Well... he has an agenda. He's planning something bigger than anything else he has done before and I'm sure he would be thrilled to include you in the secrecy. He has been talking about it for years, and I think that you're the last piece of the puzzle he was missing to finally put his scheme in motion."