47| Acid Bomb

- It's called murder, baby -

 "Everyone in position?" Namjoon's voice screeched in Hannah's earpiece

"I think so," responded Taehyung, "Hoseok, Hannah, are you guys to the top yet?"

"Yes, boss!" answered Hoseok.

The crane was a lot higher than what Hannah had expected. Looking at the building on a map and actually seeing it in real life were two very different things. For her, 92 stories high wasn't a big deal on paper. However, when she had to climb a crane that high, it was very different.

Hoseok had ascended the whole thing like he was taking a leisure walk, going quick and easy, completely oblivious to the fact that he was carrying almost his own weight in equipment on his back. Meanwhile, Hannah was sweating and cursing below him, her hands slipping dangerously on the metal bars of the ladder.

Finally, after what felt like hours, they had both arrived safe and sound at the top of the crane. It was a lot colder from up there and the wind hit them harshly, but the view was breathtaking. They could see all of downtown Rome under a sky mottled with stars, from the colosseum, one of the most recognizable landmarks in the whole world, to the St. Peter's Basilica, standing proudly on the other side of the Tiber River.

"Finally! You were taking your sweet time down there!" exclaimed Hoseok when he saw Hannah pull herself on the last bar of the ladder, face flushed and arms shaky from the intense workout.

"Fuck you!" she uttered, collapsing at his side on the small platform at the very top of the crane, chest heaving.

The mission hadn't begun officially yet and she was already completely out of breath and exhausted, making her quite grumpy. Hoseok's cheerfulness, instead of motivating her, was drowning her spirit even further.

"Hey, no cursing," stated Jin in her earpiece.

"Fuck you, too!" Hannah grumbled.

"Wow, I feel a lot of frustration here, do you want to talk about it? Is this a convenient time for you to open up?" Jin joked, and even from her roost, Hannah could hear him smile.

"By the way Jin, you were right," conveyed Hoseok, "This tower does look like a giant penis."

"Right?" joined Yoongi, "The shape is splendid. A rising phallus in all of its masculine pride..."

"Everyone, shut up," uttered Taehyung, and Jin's windshield-wiper-laugh was heard in the background, "This is serious! The mission officially starts in five minutes. Are you guys ready?"

Hannah and Hoseok were now crawling inside the jib of the crane, slowly reaching the very end of it. It was a nice change of pace from climbing the ladder and both of them effortlessly reached their final position at the edge of the void. Hannah looked bellow at the tiny people walking on the sidewalks, and she wondered if her body would flatten like a pancake on the asphalt if she fell down.