43| Ultimate

- Everybody in the whole cell block , was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock -

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It was like something had possessed the inhabitants of the penthouse. All of them, who were usually quite lively, spending a lot of time together, even if it was just to sit at the dining table to eat and talk about life, were now gone, retreating into their respective workspaces.

Three days had gone by, meaning that there was a little more than a week left before their mission. Two weeks to organize such a plan was a ridiculously short amount of time, but Taehyung's team was made of the very best. All of them were on edge, working at all hours of the day and night to perfect their scheme.

Namjoon hadn't been seen by anyone for days. He had been hiding in his bedroom, working from there on multiple computers at a time, cracking security cameras in Rome from the comfort of his bedroom. Jin, of course, was responsible for the panoply of weapons that were needed. He was organizing everyone's outfit as well, providing the necessary tools and equipment so they would get through the building without being targeted.

Hoseok was leaving the penthouse every day at midnight to come back at five in the morning, completely drenched in sweat. He was trying to learn how to climb into cranes and install ziplines between buildings. The man was agile, but this was a skill he had never used before, and some practise was necessary.

Jimin was still sulking in his garage for the loss of his Ultimate Aero. He was managing the numerous deliveries, each one bringing weapons and equipments that the group needed, in addition to trying to repair the destroyed car. He had given himself the challenge to fix it before they would leave for Italy, which seemed unrealistic given the state of the vehicle. No one said a word about it however, knowing how sensitive Jimin was about the loss of one of his precious motors.

A usual, Taehyung was locked in his office, organizing all the operations from there. Hannah hadn't seen him in three days, and she missed him, but didn't dare disturb his work. Yoongi was also so busy that he was practically sleeping in his workshop, head down on his desk. He was busting his ass off, working day and night to make different gadgets for the team.

And lastly, there was Hannah. Her only role in this whole scheme was to explode bomb-proof glass. With Hoseok's help, she had made delivered to the basement a gigantic glass pane of the exact kind of material she needed to learn how to chatter. Leaning it against a wall in the basement, she was now unleashing her powers onto it, waiting for the material to crumble in pieces.

Unluckily, it never happened.

Despite her best efforts, all she had managed to do so far was to make the glass squeak. She wasn't ready to give up yet, however, and trained every day, exhausting herself by releasing her powers on the glass.

Jungkook was rather surprised by the atmosphere in the building. Everyone was so serene and calm, doing their own thing in their corner. Did he expect things to be a little more exciting now that he was living with a bunch of criminals? Definitely. There were no strippers, no mountains of cocaine and piles of money laying around, and certainly no party going on every night. The building felt so silent that it was almost like it was completely empty.