36| Hard

- I'll sit and watch your car burn, with the fire that you started in me -

"She's not breathing," calmly assessed Taehyung, looking down at Hannah's ghostly pale face as she laid on the ground, unconscious and unresponsive

"Hannah!" he called, shaking her arm just a bit.

She didn't move, a dead weight on the floor as her arm shifted in the man's hands, feeling disarticulated.

Yoongi coughed at the other side of the room, awakening from his slumber.

"You need to do CPR," he weakly announced, his voice sounding hoarse as he tried to sit down against the wall.

Right, CPR.

Taehyung breathed out deeply before putting both his hands one on top of the other on Hannah's breastbone, pushing firmly. He was unlikely calm, like someone had put the mute function on his emotions. Really, he couldn't feel anything, his movements perfectly mechanical as he started pumping her heart.

"1, 2, 3..." he counted as he pressed her chest, fast and hard.

He blankly asserted that he would probably break a rib or two. He knew that it could happen if he pressed too harshly. The girl looked so small and fragile as she laid there, motionless.

"...28, 29, 30," he counted before stopping and lifting her chin back to open her airways.

Technically she is dead right now, he suddenly realized as he assessed that she was still not breathing.

A chill went down his spine.

There was no way he could ignore the pit that dug itself in his stomach at that instant, the way something close to panic was making its way to his brain, making his palms sweaty and desperation pump in his veins. His emotions rushed back to life in a second, adrenaline following soon after that.

Please, please, breathe.

He breathed in her mouth twice, pinching her nose, before checking for a pulse.

Alas, her heart was as silent as a grave.

"Fuck! Fucking shit! Motherfucker!" he suddenly yelled, pushing once more on her chest with shaky hands.

After the initial shock of realizing that indeed, Hannah was dying in front of him, anger was taking over, deep and powerful, curling inside of him like a snake ready to bite.

He felt something brush his shoulder and looked in his back for a second, locking gaze with Yoongi, who was holding his bleeding head and wincing, his face as white as chalk.

"You! Go back and lay down! You probably have a concussion!" screamed Taehyung to his friend, angrily pushing on Hannah's chest.

"I'm fine," said Yoongi, his face as white as a sheet, "I can't stay back there when she's dying like that!"