35| Fix Me

- Last week I almost choked on a string cheese... life is precious -

Taehyung was lowly singing a lullaby, one hand on the steering wheel while his eyes distantly observed the first lights of day above Chicago's skyline

Taehyung was lowly singing a lullaby, one hand on the steering wheel while his eyes distantly observed the first lights of day above Chicago's skyline. The car was smoothly driving along the morning traffic in the orange gleam of the sunrise while he sang, the old melody coming back to him and rolling on his tongue before he could stop it.

"I will paint you a picture by gathering the moonlight piece by piece. I can't change your thoughts, my dear, I can't change your fears. But if you want, I'll travel near, to make it disappear."

He couldn't believe they had been down in the basement for four hours and that the sun was already rising. Hannah was rolled up in the passenger seat at his side, her knees against her chest and her head leaning against the window, snoring a little as she slept, hands hidden in the crook of her neck. The girl was absolutely drained of all her energy. She had gone through so much in one night that as soon as she had sat inside the car, she had fallen dead asleep.

As the colours of the cloud started to change from a dull grey to a pastel pink, Taehyung replayed in his mind the last few hours. He fondly looked at Hannah at his side and smiled. That girl was definitely something else. It was her first time torturing someone, but she had done it like a pro, even him was impressed. At one point, he had thought he would go deaf from the screams of the scientist as the girl cut him to pieces. Hannah definitely was a natural for these kinds of things.

She had given Dr. Evans a taste of his own medicine, to say the least, by operating on him while he was wide awake. She had been thrilled to discover that Taehyung's suitcase was full of torture instruments and rusty weapons, all ready to be served as tools of suffering. The girl had enthusiastically picked a dirty scalpel and an iron to serve as a cauterizer from Taehyung's treasure box.

Maybe that was why the scientist had lasted for so long, because Hannah had burned his injuries as things processed, preventing him from bleeding out. Just like he had done to her, she had opened him up, had removed and cut a few of his organs, taking the opportunity to learn more about the human anatomy.

"What is this thing?" she had asked Taehyung multiple times, curious as to how the human body worked. The man had been happy to indicate her which organ she was pointing and what were its functions while the very awake autopsied subject was screaming in agony, spitting blood and infamies at them.

At one point, Dr. Evans had tried to say the eight words that so easily could make Hannah fall on the floor unconscious. However, Taehyung was quick to stop him, cutting his tongue off before the scientist could say the second word, making him choke on his own blood as it gurgled out of his mouth. Now that Taehyung was thinking about it, Dr. Evans was maybe not as smart as he looked. It had taken him hours before he had tried to say the code knocking Hannah down. However the assassin couldn't really blame him. Pain often paralyzed the smartest people.