56| Nightmares

- Put me in the dirt, let me dream with the stars -

It was impossible to enter Area 51 by simply driving there and knocking on the front door

It was impossible to enter Area 51 by simply driving there and knocking on the front door. Not only the site was surrounded by fences and gates, but patrols were always circling the premises, making sure tourists weren't coming too close. Furthermore, because Area 51 was in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by a desert, there was absolutely no chance of being subtle when driving there.

If all of that wasn't enough, cameras scanned every parcel of the surroundings and there were heat and movement sensors hidden all over the hills around the Area. Lastly, something inside of the facilities was messing with frequency waves, which meant that location tools like GPS and online networks weren't working properly around Area 51. Namjoon was highly disturbed by this news.

"Are you kidding me! There is no wifi, no GPS, no radio signals around the base? How are you guys supposed to communicate with me once you get there?"

"Can we use the encrypted connection that the military is using?" asked Yoongi, looking at Namjoon over his own computer screen.

"Easier said than done... their system is as hackable as the Pentagon's. I won't be able to crack through it in time even with Tokyo's help."

"What about using a satellite?"

Namjoon cocked an eyebrow.

"That's ambitious but I like it. We would need to hack a satellite though, that might take a while..."

Taehyung shook his head.

"Too long, I want something else."

He then turned to Yoongi, eyeing him from the other side of the conference table.

"The talkie-walkies that you invented and that still work under kilometers of concrete, can't we use them for this."

Yoongi's eyes widened and he started to type very fast on his computer.

"That's genius! Those use infrared waves instead of usual radio waves so nobody will be able to stop them. I can modify those a little and they will work like a charm!"

"Perfect!"

"Congratulations," mumbled Hoseok, "We will be able to talk to Namjoon while we are near Area 51, but that won't matter because we won't be able to get inside."

"Can't we just drive to the front gate and blow up the whole thing and..." started Jimin but Namjoon cut him, shaking his head.

"I don't think you guys understand. They use Strike Fighter Jets to scare off tourists that come too close, for us, they're going to bring out the whole damn armada."

There was a silence around the table until Hannah, who had been sitting in the back and staying very silent this entire time, raised her hand.

"Yes?" called Taehyung.