60| Drowning

- So it goes -

When they opened the door, ready to uncover the secret underground bunker, however, they found their expectations crushed

When they opened the door, ready to uncover the secret underground bunker, however, they found their expectations crushed. There was nothing at all in there. They found themselves in a medium-sized room, which was so empty, the murmur of their feet shuffling on the floor sounded like a roar by resonating on the concrete.

"The fuck!" cried Jin, running to the wall at the other end of the room, checking for a secret entrance or anything that would look like a door.

But there was nothing to find, it was only a squared room with walls of concrete and a flickering neon to the ceiling. A horrible feeling made its way into Taehyung's chest and he turned on his heels, heading for the door. However, he just had the time to turn around and see someone's face before it shut closed with a horrible click.

"What – what's happening? Where is the bunker?" Hannah asked in her mic, but there was no answer from Namjoon except for some white noise.

This must have been some kind of mistake, there was no way they were trapped.

A gurgling sound was heard from across the room and out of what looked like a ventilation grid, water started to surge in. The girl faced Taehyung, an expression of pure panic written on her traits as they looked at each other in silent dismay.

They had been caught. This was it. This was the end.

Hannah, in a last attempt to free herself and her friends, directed all of her powers to the door, removing her mask and focusing with all she got towards the mechanism, but it didn't even budge. This was no bomb-proof glass, this was a meter-thick metal door made to survive atomic explosions and the end of the world.

There was no way out. They were trapped.

"I – I don't want to die," uttered Jin, his eyes widening in sheer terror.

The neon on the ceiling flickered shut, and then it was just complete darkness and the cold water rising, already seeping in the thick fabric of their pants.

"Please, please, please God or anyone, please help us," whimpered Yoongi in the dark.

"Taehyung?" called Hannah.

"I'm here."

He grabbed her hand, and the girl twirled around and jumped in his arms. The water rose fast, gurgling around them and it was already to their waist and going up. Jin started to scream, and although Hannah couldn't see anything, she was pretty sure Yoongi was banging his fists against the walls. Meanwhile, she buried her nose in the crook of Taehyung's neck and decided that dying in his arms wasn't the worst thing at all.

"Taehyung, I don't know how to swim," she whispered, and he held her tight.

"I do, so don't worry about it."