62| Copy Paste

-To Bitch or not to Bitch, that is the question-

The place was exactly her idea of an archive library; rows and rows of metal shelves where tons of documents were piled, neatly stacked in order

The place was exactly her idea of an archive library; rows and rows of metal shelves where tons of documents were piled, neatly stacked in order. Hannah put a chair against the door handle to keep her enemies away, or at least to announce when someone would come in. She then ran through the rows of files, so high she felt small as they dominated her. The room was a lot colder and she shivered, her naked feet feeling like two blocks of ice on the white tiles. Only half of the neon were lit, plunging the room in a semi-darkness.

4653, 4653, 4653...

Finally she found what she was looking for, her heartbeat staggering as she stared at the big fat beige file containing her life story. She could already see it was a lot thicker than the file Namjoon had managed to hack from their systems, probably because they only kept part of it online to avoid hackers just like Namjoon from getting their hands on it.

It was on the second top shelf, too high for Hannah to reach, so she used her powers to get it, sliding it off the ledge. By accident, another document, the number 4652 also came with it and fell at her feet.

Her gaze brushed over the large beige document on the floor, and she immediately recognized the name that was on it; Margaret Jane Colbert. That was her grandmother's name.

With sweaty palms, Hannah picked it up, looking at both documents with enlarged eyes. Margaret Jane Colbert and Hannah Mary Colbert, two mysteries ready to be uncovered. Without any hesitation, the girl sat down right there in the middle of the shelves and opened her grandmother's file.

On the first page was a picture of Margaret at a younger age, and Hannah gasped because of the resemblance. It was like looking right in a mirror, every freckle just the same, two eyes with slightly different colours, and she even had the same fierce expression as her.

Hannah skipped the first few pages, full of general information like her place of birth and education, to go straight to the part when she had discovered Pandora's box. Again, the same old black and white picture of her holding the box with the rest of the archaeological crew at her side was visible, followed by what looked like snippets of her personal journals, the photocopies showing pages full of round cursives.

June 15, Athens

Today, I discovered a metal box in one of the culverts of the Necropolis. Something is weird about it, and everyone, even our team captain, seems rather clueless as to what it is. It's small and squared with intricate details showing off geometrical patterns where you can almost recognize people dancing. The most bizarre thing about it is that our specialist says it's very old, dating from at least 5000 years BC. However, during that time in Greece, people didn't have the necessary tools and skills to melt and use metal, even less make objects as intricate as a wrought box.

June 16, Athens

Our mystery box got even more interesting overnight. Apparently, it's made of an alloy called Beta C, made of titanium, vanadium, chromium and other metals. However, after some research, turns out there isn't any vanadium around, and the closest source is in Russia. Our team captain says there might have been a meteorite falling around, which could explain this weird alloy, and it seems like the most plausible theory for now. I really want to open it, but the labs want to make some other tests first, hopefully I will be able to discover what's inside tomorrow. It's quite heavy, and I feel like what's in there will be spectacular.