57| Fate

- One day, I'm gonna make the onions cry -

During the next week, everyone worked day and night to figure out a plan of attack and be ready for the mission

During the next week, everyone worked day and night to figure out a plan of attack and be ready for the mission. Even if entering the premises of Area 51 was very hard by itself, the main problem was more what would happen once they do get inside.

Despite all the information they had gathered by hacking through the military base firewalls, the blueprints of the buildings didn't look quite up-to-date and figuring out where they were keeping Pandora's box was not as easy as expected.

The good news was that Namjoon had discovered that they kept a biobank in their laboratories, containing all of Hannah's samples. Everything was in one place; Pandora's box and Hannah's DNA, like they were somewhat trying to lure them there.

Taehyung didn't like it. His gut-feeling was telling him that all of it smelled like some kind of trap from the government, which was more than he had expected from them. The authorities had absolutely no power over him, because even they had asked for his criminal services a couple of times in the past. That's why the police or secret services had never gone after him and Taehyung had greatly enjoyed this immunity, but he felt like this time was somewhat different.

This time, he was entering Area 51. He knew very well that this was a direct provocation and that they wouldn't hold back anything, coming at them with bullets, bombs and everything they got. He was counting on it.

"When they will send a signal to ask for reinforcements, or any kind of call for help, I want them to think that assistance is actually coming. Let them believe that they will come out of it alive before we crush their dreams and in their last moments of despair, they finally understand that they are all alone."

"That's brutal," whispered Hoseok, slurping his tea in the back of the conference room.

"I can arrange that," nodded Namjoon, typing on his computer so fast that his fingers became a blur.

"Jimin, do you know how to drive a tank?" asked Taehyung.

"Like... a battle tank?" replied the blond, eyes narrowed and leaning on the table with his chin on his intertwined fingers.

"No, a fish tank idiot," muttered Hoseok.

Jin snickered and Jimin shook his head moodily.

"I drive cars! Not planes, not boats, not fucking military vehicles."

Taehyung, the only one standing in the room, leaned over the table ominously and Jimin straightened his back almost unconsciously, swallowing.

"What's with the mood Jimin?" asked the leader, his dark eyes peering at the boy menacingly.

"Yeah! What's with the mood?" sneered Jin, and Yoongi gave him a nudge in the ribs with his elbow, shutting him up.

"No – nothing. I can learn. Driving a tank must be like driving a car, right? It seems quite easy."