17| You Monster

- Our hearts are monsters, that's why our ribs are cages-

Taehyung was in the basement, grunting as he pulled his body upward, feeling his abs burn

"You know you should keep your energy for tonight," said Jimin, who was effortlessly jogging on the treadmill beside him.

Even hanging from a metal bar, head upside down, Taehyung could see Jimin's smirk plastered on his face. Ignoring his friend, he straightened up his torso once more, feeling his muscles contract as he did so. He let his body relax before doing it again, for good measure, letting out a last grunt before grabbing the metal bar and letting himself fall onto the ground.

He took a gulp of water before heading to a blue mattress to do some push-ups.

"And why do you work out so much these days? You know that pushing yourself like that is not good for your joints, right?" said Yoongi from the corner of the room.

Jin, Hoseok and him were preparing the weapons they would need for their mission, organizing them in piles and debating on who would bring what.

Taehyung didn't answer and instead, his gaze wandered around the room.

"Where is Namjoon?" he asked, his voice a little breathy because of his ongoing push-ups.

"Yeah... where is Namjoon?" repeated Jin, "Am I the only one thinking he's acting a little weird and secretive these days... well weirder and more secretive than usual."

"I'm here dumbass," said Namjoon, who was hiding in the other corner of the room, his computer on his knees.

"Hey! Why did you put that in your pile!" exclaimed Jin, taking a gun away from Yoongi's hands, "You know this one is my favourite!"

Yoongi simply rolled his eyes, knowing that it was pointless to argue with Jin.

Meanwhile, Taehyung stood up, having finished with his workout. He closed his eyes, feeling the delicious tingle of his heated muscles underneath his combat outfit. It was true that he had been working out quite a lot these past weeks. Although it wasn't really because he wanted to, but more because he needed to.

Turned out that, to Taehyung's horror, Hannah had settled into his mind. She was always there, in his dreams and in his awakened thoughts, looking at him with those asymmetrical eyes of hers and licking her lips seductively. She was like a parasite that had invaded his every idea, showing up when he least expected it to pollute his genius with her devious smile.

Working out like a madman had been his solution to get relief from those cogitations. Feeling his muscles ache and his whole body burn as he ran, lifted and pulled had been the only thing shutting off his imagination and putting a stop to the dirty scenarios which were constantly popping up in his head like unwanted spam.

So, Taehyung, instead of letting his fantasies go wild and let himself jerk off at memories of Hannah, worked out, putting all his pent-up sexual frustration into making his muscles ache and his heartrate accelerate until he became sweaty and gross and the reveries of Hannah would go away.