15| Candy Store

- Make it sweet-

Ms. Min shoved a shiny gold plastic card in Hannah's hands.

"This is a credit card, you can buy whatever you want with it, this is a list of stuff I thought would be useful for you to have. Now have fun dear!"

"But..."

With that said, Mr. Min left without giving Hannah a chance to argue, leaving the girl utterly confused and alone in the middle of a gigantic place she knew nothing about.

Uncrumpling the list that Ms. Min gave her, Hannah started to read it; underwear, pants, a dress, a raincoat, a cap, running shoes, sport clothes... the list went on.

Hannah narrowed her eyes, feeling like all of this was a big joke.

Starting her adventure, she entered the first shop she saw, which was to her left. Mostly, she got inside because there were less people there than where she was standing; in the middle of the hallway.

The staff of the store seemed quite skeptical when they saw a small girl, looking like a lost puppy with her over large clothes, enter their shop. They sold high quality men's clothing, so it wasn't common to see girls around, but nobody said a word when she started piling up hoodies and soft sweaters in her hands. She picked a little bit of everything, without looking at the sizes or the price tags.

She easily moved through the place, a small smile plastered on her lips as she walked in between the clothing racks. She touched everything, her fingers brushing the different fabrics and she only picked the ones that were soft, which also turned out to be the most expensive. She looked mesmerized by all the textures, grabbing and tugging at the clothes with eager hands, which made the staff worry a little.

The man behind the counter started to think that she was a thief because of her strange behavior. He was on the verge of throwing her out of the store when she made her way to the cash.

"I want to pay for these," she said, looking excited, shiny eyes and gleaming eyes directed to him.

He looked at her from above, serious eyes glaring at her in a patronizing way.

"Is this for your boyfriend?"

"What?"

"Nothing..."

When he saw the golden plastic card in her hands, he immediately stopped asking questions. He recognized the prime membership sticker that was glued on it and almost couldn't believe his eyes.

The girl was loaded.

The payment went through and the man carefully folded the clothes without a word, lips pursed in a disapproving expression.

"Here you go, have a nice day," he finally said, handing her a bag full of clothes.

He tried to smile at her but only a crooked grin came out.