31| Big Bad Wolf

- How to murder someone: kiss them once and then never again -

Yoongi's figure was almost immobile as his eyes roamed the electrodes he was trying to fix

Yoongi's figure was almost immobile as his eyes roamed the electrodes he was trying to fix. His head was tilted, shoulders cramped in concentration and white pearly teeth biting his lower lip while his hands worked on the very delicate pieces of gold, tiny clamps in his fingers moving micrometer by micrometer to connect them the right way. His lair was a mess, as usual, the organized chaos around him almost comforting as he worked in perfect focus, the tiny filaments of gold taking shape in his hands as he assembled them.

Cedric's heating lamp was glowing red, shining onto the various equipment and laboratory apparatus eerily. The reptile was awake, slowly slithering around its open terrarium, its triangular head directed on the scientist, beady eyes observing him, forked tongue slowly gliding out of his mouth.

And of course there was Hannah, sitting at Yoongi's side and that kept talking, distracting him from his task.

"And you, what is the vegetable you hate the most?" she asked after an unending monologue on how much she hated turnips.

The girl picked up a piece of metal scrap from the large table full of junk and immediately, Yoongi's cold fingers slapped her wrist. She let go of it, and the metal piece fell on the desk with a clang, making Cedric hiss. Yoongi looked at her above his thick magnifying glasses, giving her an annoyed look.

"You can talk but you're not allowed to touch anything remember? And I have an undying hate for celery, actually."

Hannah scoffed, swinging her legs impatiently under the table.

"Celery. So childish of you."

Yoongi smiled, his eyes still on his hands, squinting to try to see better what he was doing.

"You sound like my mom. You're spending too much time with her."

Hannah didn't say anything, but bit the inside of her cheek, looking anxiously at the man working at her side. Yoongi, suddenly aware that she was very silent turned his head once more in her direction, taking in her frightened expression. The man dropped his work on the table, admitting defeat and removed his glasses. He ran his fingers through his hair and rolled back his shoulders, which cracked ominously, before looking at Hannah right in the eyes.

"I know you're scared, but I know what I'm doing! Just trust me okay, you will be alright."

The girl pinched her lips, legs still swinging in front of her. The truth is that undergoing electroshock therapy while being fully awake terrified her. However, according to both Taehyung and Yoongi, it was the only way to undo the brain programming she had undergone and to erase the reflex she had of fainting and seizing every time she heard the 8 terrifying little words.

West, mattery, interactive, descale, demicatalytic, diplomat, will, balconette.

Just thinking about it made her skin crawl, her mind go blank and her heartbeat pick up.