33| Slippery Slope

- You loved the best way: with a touch of madness and reckless abandon -

Hannah, after getting over the shock that she had been dancing for the past hours in the same room as her worst enemy, was absolutely furious

Hannah, after getting over the shock that she had been dancing for the past hours in the same room as her worst enemy, was absolutely furious. She practically ran away from Taehyung, leaping outside of the ballroom to randomly rush further inside of the unknown building, her whole body trembling, and her fists clenched in animosity. She didn't know where she was, aimlessly opening doors to smash them behind her using her powers to make Taehyung understand she wanted to be left alone. She soon found herself completely lost, walking down a long dark corridor with the same Victorian tiles as in the ballroom, creating a very long path in front of her, the wooden walls covered with antique paintings creepily looking at her as she passed by.

"Hannah, wait!" called Taehyung in her back, catching up with her.

The girl didn't stop, angrily stomping her way in the long empty hallway, her red dress flying behind her like a trail of flames.

"Come on! Why are you reacting like this! I'm doing you a favor."

The girl turned around and sent a lethal glare to the man. Her body was shaking from the barely contained rage that bubbled inside of her, to the point that she looked absolutely terrifying, a tinge of madness in her eyes as she stopped in her tracks to face him, teeth out and looking ferocious. Anybody else would have backed off in fear in front of her scary expression and would have run away as fast as they could. However, she didn't scare Taehyung, who was mostly annoyed, his arms crossed on his chest and his eyes peering at her like he was tired of dealing with a particularly bratty child. He finally removed his mask, revealing a condescending expression that only angered the girl more.

If the man could have read her mind at that instant, he would have discovered that she was assessing if it was worth using her powers against him and throw his body against a wall.

"You think that you're doing me a favor? You thought that I wanted this!?" she spit in his face, getting closer to his figure until she was at an arm's distance, "Why do you think I asked you to kill him in the first place? Maybe it was because I never wanted to see his disgusting fucking face ever again! If I had wanted to kill him myself, I would just have done it, I would not have asked for your help! And now you stuck me in the same room as him for hours without telling me? And you thought I would be grateful? Sorry that I'm not thanking you and licking your boots right now!!"

The scientist that was back in the ballroom enjoying his champagne and dancing without a care in the world had done atrocious things to Hannah, things that still made her cry at night and that had made demons take root inside of her. He had destroyed her, chattered her heart, had wrecked her physically and emotionally for months and had taken pleasure in all of it. He had made her feel small and helpless, a worthless object that didn't deserve to live. Seeing him again now was bringing all those memories and feelings back, making the girl feel absolutely terrified. All of her anger was just a wall of smoke, hiding that underneath all of it, she was scared to death.