10| Bruises

- It's all just bumps and bruises-

Taehyung was walking through the penthouse, going to the elevator when he suddenly realized that he was in the corridor of Hannah's room and that her bedroom was right beside him

For some unknown reason, he suddenly got the urge to go look through her things.

Looking around to see if she was there, he walked to the door and opened it slowly, revealing her small bed, the naked walls and a dresser.

Everything was clean and in order, absolutely nothing sticking out.

The bed was done so neatly it almost looked like no one was sleeping in it. There was absolutely nothing personal, nothing that even hinted that somebody inhabited the place.

He clenched his jaw.

Taehyung walked through the room and sat on the bed, feeling out of place in the emptiness. It strangely felt more like a jail cell than anything else.

As his hand brushed over the quilt, his fingers suddenly felt a flat object underneath the sheets. Curious, he didn't wait long before taking it out, revealing a notebook with the apartment complex logo on top, one of the free goods that were given at every level of the skyscraper.

Without waiting, he quickly opened it, revealing pages of drawings. He saw faceless shadows, melting skies and flames; murky drawings full of melancholy and rage.

Taehyung slowly went through the notebook, looking at each drawing with application, noticing where the paper was wrinkled from being grabbed, where it was almost ripped because the tip of the pencil pressed too hard on it.

In the middle of all of these gloomy sketches, one in particular stood out. It was probably the only one that inspired happiness and warmth. A smiling angel, his big doe eyes looking hopeful as he flew through the sky was floating away from thousands of hands trying to grab him. He was almost nagging, a devilish glow in his gaze as he avoided the greedy hands trying to snatch him down.

All of the other illustrations were sinister and depicted sadness and bitterness, a mix of thick bold lines and scribbles, joining together to make abstract etchings where bits and pieces could be recognized; a tree that was on fire, a monster with hundreds of tiny teeth hiding under a bed, a faceless girl falling in the ocean.

Taehyung's mouth went dry when he arrived at the last drawing of the notebook.

He immediately recognized himself; angular jaw and clear precise eyes made with a fine point pencil. The first thing he noticed was how exceptional the quality of the drawing was. He could tell that Hannah had put a lot of effort into this one, erasing the lines of his face again and again until she was absolutely satisfied with the result. His lips were partly opened, blonde hair carefully dishevelled as he was looking straight ahead.