55| Wish

- Underneath it all, we're just savages -

"Happy birthday Hannah!" cheered Jin, clicking his glass of water against her grapefruit juice

All of them were sitting at the dining table to celebrate Hannah's birthday. The table was clothed in white and candles were burning in the middle, the white plates stacked on top of the other plates with too many utensils on both sides. It was Ms. Min idea to organize a fancy dinner for Hannah's birthday and everyone had leaped with it, dressing fancier than usual and all sitting down together at the table, which was very unusual.

The mood was rather sour despite the celebration, and glares were shared between the guests, Hannah eyeing Jungkook from the corner of her eyes, assessing if he looked guilty for leaving her. The girl sighed, observing the entree of stuffed eggplants that was displayed in the tiny plate in front of her instead. It looked delicious and normally, the thing would already be down her stomach, but today, even her appetite had vanished, leaving the back of her throat as raw as her bloody knuckles.

Taehyung examined her with a severe glance.

"Eat."

He didn't like to see her skip meals and knew that she really wasn't well to miss out on such an occasion to stuff her face. The girl opened her mouth and took a bite, the tiny fork feeling too small in her fingers.

"Thank you so much Ms. Min for all of this!" exclaimed Jin, chewing loudly.

The woman smiled fondly, crow's feet appearing at the corner of her eyes.

"Anything for Hannah!" she replied, "It was about time I wasn't the only lady in the house."

The girl smiled at her, suddenly feeling like there wasn't enough air in the room. She was going to start crying again, and they weren't even done with the entree yet! The sudden idea that the people in this room, around this table at this precise moment were the only people in the world she cared about insinuated itself in her mind and she dropped her fork, feeling the emotions lodge themselves in her throat.

If she could just stay like this forever, with all of her friends sitting at the same table, she would. But this was far from being possible. Jungkook and Liam were leaving, and she had a mission to handle, involving a magical box and her own possible offspring in test tubes.

Taehyung winked at Ms. Min, who was sitting at the other end of the table and she raised her glass of wine at him. Because the others had partied like there was no tomorrow the night before, Taehyung, Jungkook and Ms. Min were the only ones with alcohol, the others switching to water to try to salvage their livers.

"So," Yoongi began, "We're really doing this? Going to Area 51?"

There was silence at the table, some of them just learning the news for the first time and Hoseok almost choked on his eggplant.