41| Kin

- Here to the boys whose fathers broke their hearts before any girls could -

Namjoon and Yoongi were standing side by side in Taehyung's office. The two of them were a tinge terrified about what was coming. They deserved to be punished, however, so they both knew that arguing was absolutely useless, especially when Taehyung had such a threatening stance. The only thing they could do was to wait for their sentence and pray it wouldn't be so bad.

"Namjoon, you're first, I'll do it on your shoulder," uttered Taehyung, and the hacker slowly made his way to his boss' desk, removing his shirt.

He exhaled slowly, closing his eyes. The shoulder wasn't that bad. It could have been worst.

Taehyung was uncharacteristically calm. He didn't seem angry anymore, but dangerous in the way he peered at them, a grin still glued on his lips, eyes dispirited.

Namjoon shivered a bit as the icy atmosphere of the room hit his naked torso. This was the first time he was being punished, unlike Yoongi, but he already knew what was coming and he didn't like it at all.

The scientist, awaiting his turn in the corner of the room, seemed like he wanted to disappear. The scene unfolding in front of his eyes was making him feel sick. He knew that his friends being punished was all his fault and he suddenly wondered if bringing Jungkook back to Hannah had been a selfish decision. Taehyung approached Namjoon, almost predatory in the way he moved. He was holding a gold dagger in his fist, long and sharp, the object gleaming under the neon. Yoongi swallowed. Soon the object would be covered in his blood.

Namjoon leaned over Taehyung's desk, grabbing the edge and he braced himself for what was coming, closing his eyes. Taehyung, with very slow movements, sank the dagger a few centimetres deep in the hacker's flesh, cutting it with precise movements. This was not the first time he was doing this after all.

Namjoon hissed, feeling the blood trickled down his back.

This is for you, Aria, he though.

Crazy how even if she was gone from his life, she was still making him suffer, in more than one way, apparently.

It didn't take long and soon, Taehyung's dagger stopped tearing the hacker's shoulder and he admired his work. In big majuscule letters carved in Namjoon's skin, was now written 'TAEHYUNG', the leaky characters oozing with blood.

"Now go!" the boss uttered and Namjoon left the room, trembling, to get some bandages.

"And don't get it infected!"

This was what Taehyung did when one of his crew members purposely did something behind his back. He branded them with his name. It was humiliating, painful, and dehumanizing, an excellent way to make his gang members remember that even if they were his friends, he was still the boss and they didn't belong to themselves. The only exception to this rule was Jimin, who was already covered in scars and didn't really feel anything when being hurt. Instead of cutting his flesh, Taehyung was destroying one of his cars every time he screwed up, which was just as painful for the boy, if not more.