40| Complete

-  Two best friends, one soul -

This is fine, Taehyung was telling himself, looking at Hannah's relaxed features as she slept

Her hands were so cute, two little fists, looking almost childish in the moonlight, against her throat just below her chin. Her lips were parted, chest slowly rising up and down, her hair creating a dark halo around her head. She was still wearing Taehyung's shirt, looking like a dress on her and he absolutely loved that she was wearing his clothes.

This is fine, he repeated to himself.

It's not like all of this meant anything. They were friends. He was her boss and they had sex from time to time. It didn't have to mean anything.

Right?

Right.

Of course, Taehyung was lying to himself. The way something curled in his stomach when he was looking at her sleep was very far from not meaning anything. He was in denial, protecting his bruised soul from the truth because by telling himself that he wasn't falling for her, he could comfortably stay in a secure zone where he knew he was safe.

This is normal, I'm just being nice, he tried to convince himself as he pushed a strand of hair from her forehead, exposing her ivory skin to the eerie light of the moon.

Fuck, she's beautiful.

Hannah was so special, so different. She was absolutely fearless, confident and limitlessly loyal when it came to the ones she loved. She could be dangerous, her fists and her powers fatal in a way that made Taehyung breathless, but she could also be so soft and innocent, so loving and caring in the way she looked at him sometimes.

And she was ready to belong to him, body and soul. The t-shirt she had given to him stating that she would never leave or betray him was pretty clearly a message that she wanted to be with him. Taehyung was still unsure about that part, however. He didn't feel like he deserved her, even if he wasn't able to admit that to himself.

So, for now, he was just convincing himself that all of it didn't mean anything, so he could keep his walls up a little longer and hide his heart in the bunker he had built around it.

Hannah stirred in her sleep and opened one green eye, looking around before stretching her back. The most stunning smile grazed her lips as she turned to meet Taehyung's gaze, absolutely enchanted to find him at her side, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Taehyung's room was very wide and empty. The walls were grey, and the mattress was directly on the floor. A large window was pouring moonlight onto the scene, shining onto the massive silver safe that was standing in a corner. Besides that, there were large abstract paintings adorning the walls, all in dark schemes of colours. The room felt very minimalist and masculine, a little impersonal even.